musiciansfriend.com SUCKS

MF can suck it. I ordered a Tremol-no and a few packs of picks and picked 2nd day shipping. As I wanted the tremol-no for a show that weekend. Well I get an email later that day saying the Tremol-no is on back ordered. So I call and tell them I want to cancel the ENTIRER order cause I don't want the picks sent 2nd day air (which the representative agrees is silly) and then receive my trem 2 weeks later. So what do they do. They cancel the tremol-no order but send the pics 2nd day shipping. :doh: Seriously. . . WTF! Why would I pay $8 shipping for $6 worth of picks? Now when ordering online I call to make sure the item isn't on back order before I complete my transaction, which also gives me a chance to haggle a discount :yes: .

tripstan":36f2ser3 said:
MF can suck it. I ordered a Tremol-no and a few packs of picks and picked 2nd day shipping. As I wanted the tremol-no for a show that weekend. Well I get an email later that day saying the Tremol-no is on back ordered. So I call and tell them I want to cancel the ENTIRER order cause I don't want the picks sent 2nd day air (which the representative agrees is silly) and then receive my trem 2 weeks later. So what do they do. They cancel the tremol-no order but send the pics 2nd day shipping. :doh: Seriously. . . WTF! Why would I pay $8 shipping for $6 worth of picks? Now when ordering online I call to make sure the item isn't on back order before I complete my transaction, which also gives me a chance to haggle a discount :yes: .

Lesson here: Don't fuck around with MF if you need to get your shit fast! As I said earlier, I've had pretty good luck at getting my order fast...but, if I were ever in a pinch and HAD to have it fast, I would not take my chances with MF. Just from what I've read here, 2nd day shipping is a waste of time and money when buying from MF.

im in no way calling anyone here wrong, my experience has just been different. but ive been ordering from them regularly for 5+ years and ive never had a problem.

i do hate guitar center though, i traded in some pedals for an ibanez paul gilbert airplane flanger from them which wasnt in store. i get am email saying that its on backorder, i called and they said it will ship on the 16th. the 16th came around and nothing happened. i called, they said it didnt ship because there were other people ahead of me. i told them that someone told me it would ship, "who told you that?, what was their name?". of course i didnt remember their name, apparently im supposed to record every convo i have with them because they cant be trusted, according to this person. (lol, not literally) so they said they guaranteed it would ship on the 22nd. sure enough im an idiot and didnt get that persons name.the 22 came around and nothing happened. called, same story, people ahead of you. and im screwed because since i traded gear for it im sure i cant demand my money back. i told the story said that i want the numbers, you say it will ship, i want you to tell me how many people have ordered these, how many pedals are coming in and where i am in line, i was on hold forever and she told me. finally someone was right and it shipped when she said it would

thats in addition to all the trips ive made there, having sales men say things like this:

me- do you have the les paul signature stings
him- yeah, which ones do you want? (thinking i meant stings that go on a les paul or something)

or

me- do you have any gibson v's in or on the way
him- no but i have a dean v here

no i dont buy it just because it says gibson but i dont buy it just because its a v either

I've never had a problem with MF. They've even made exceptions for me in the past. But if you feel that way-go to sweet water. They're great guys, great business.

I've ordered tons of stuff from them over the years, never with a bad experience. Lately I've been ordering more from SW though.

Tone Zone":3c5grrgw said:
Laura":3c5grrgw said:
The last time I went to GC, the kid working called me ma'am. I didn't buy anything and haven't been back since. Guys who know me know that I have spent a pretty penny in that place in the past.

Hey, you could've been called worse! :D
I know but seriously if you are trying to sell, you should probably know that most women don't like to be called ma'am. Just sayin'...

Solution: www.samedaymusic.com.

Just like it sounds - if it's in stock, it ships that day. If they screw up, they pay you $100. Pretty f'n cool. I found them after a similar experience to the OP's.

They generally will match MF discounts, too, if you call them.

Sam Ash has been having some killer deals on Gibson. Got a 2012 Traditional mahogany satin (worn brown) for 1050 shipped brand new. I also got within 4 days of placing order.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5,022
dwizted":1sp52x6j said:
Sam Ash has been having some killer deals on Gibson. Got a 2012 Traditional mahogany satin (worn brown) for 1050 shipped brand new. I also got within 4 days of placing order.

Man, that's a beaut ! Bound Gibson LP for a grand is a great deal.

Musicians Friend/Guitar Center has a huge distribution center in Kansas City Mo, it is really close to the UPS and FedEx distribution hubs. If you need the item quick. Don't do free shipping, instead pay for the typical ground or 3 day, they ship the same day in that case. Free shipping allows them to focus on getting out the paid shipping items first and then the free shipping items.

I live close enough where ground shipping is overnight delivery. But If I use "free shipping" it can take up to a week! So I always pay the cheap shipping fee (usually the one up from free) and get the item overnight.

I've never had an issue with MF taking their time to ship. Usually it's shipped the next day or the day after. Obviously in the OP's case the holiday screwed things up a bit.

What's funny is I spoke on the phone to customer service before & after the holiday; they never used that excuse. That's a lame excuse anyway. 'Murica keeps on moving right through the Thanksgiving any more with all the black Friday greedness. If the holiday affected my order, it more than likely came down to some knucklehead on a tryptophan overdose.

aoj.jpg

Recently spent $3300 on a guitar in Bostons guitar centre. Now the first time I was there I spent about 500 on pedals, had a great service, no pushy sales guy. The guy I had was very patient and spent about an hour with me trying several out. I didn't haggle and didn't get any discount. Didn't really bother me.
Fast forward to a month later and I am back in trying out some guitars. I wasn't being snooty or arrogant but I made it clear I would be spending a fair amount on a guitar. Had a sales guy with a beard who seemed to be more concerned about talking to his buddy. Anyway I pick a guitar that I loved, had a problem using my card though as being from the UK the banks panic when a transaction of that amount is made. So it gets stoped and the bank asks for the authorisation call. The guy couldn't be assed and said it was declined. I called the bank themselves and they said that wasn't the case. They said the sales guy needs to call us. But he wouldn't and didn't seem to care about the sale. I ended up handing over 3k cash. No thanks for the sale or anything. I would have walked but I really wanted the guitar. So thats put me off GC and next time I am Boston next year I will give them a miss. I went to Sam Ash in new york the week later and had great service just for spending 200 bucks and discount and 2 hours of great gear chat

Aristocat":1exikj5h said:
blackba":1exikj5h said:
I avoid MF, GC, Music123, etc when I can.

I generally order from small online shops, Sweetwater, or Zzounds.com.

Same here. The only exception for me is Sweetwater due to the fact that their sales team is great and it seems they take a real pride in their gear (high resolution photos for expensive gear w/ different serial numbers). Other than that, it's hometown favorites who are always great to deal with.
They do have a great sales team. But God Forbid you give them your phone number. You don't even have to order and expect bi monthly phone calls. I do like the candy though.

So you order on a Sunday and want them to ship on a Sunday? Lest see UPS,FedEX,USPS don't work on Sunday. No pick up=no ship.When I worked at UPS in the late 90's I sure as shit never worked Sunday.But please tell us how you were inconvenienced again.

ninja: Oh ya most if not all shipping centers are not open on a Sunday and it sometimes takes a day or 2 to get to the order. Or the second/third shift.

I've never had an issue with MF really. I did get a DOA Jet City Pico Valve amp once, but it was clear that the shipper (UPS) had used it as a football in an NFL game. MF made it right for me.

I will say though... I've been a bit frustrated with MF for a month or two because I REALLY want to pick up a Saffire Pro 24 recording interface and NONE of the 10-15% MF coupons/discounts for the past couple of months applied to that particular piece of hardware. They sell it for $299 (non-DSP version) and I just can't bring myself to pay that much. Closer to $250 and I'd have snapped one up already.

Noah76":1tpcgvg1 said:
So you order on a Sunday and want them to ship on a Sunday? Lest see UPS,FedEX,USPS don't work on Sunday. No pick up=no ship.When I worked at UPS in the late 90's I sure as shit never worked Sunday.But please tell us how you were inconvenienced again.

ninja: Oh ya most if not all shipping centers are not open on a Sunday and it sometimes takes a day or 2 to get to the order. Or the second/third shift.

Haha, you gotta be kidding me right? I might be stupid, but I ain't dumb. Any dimwit knows nothing ships or moves off a shelf on a Sunday. That wasn't the point of the post you moron. :D

Red_Label":2i8as7kp said:
I will say though... I've been a bit frustrated with MF for a month or two because I REALLY want to pick up a Saffire Pro 24 recording interface and NONE of the 10-15% MF coupons/discounts for the past couple of months applied to that particular piece of hardware. They sell it for $299 (non-DSP version) and I just can't bring myself to pay that much. Closer to $250 and I'd have snapped one up already.

Open up a chat window when your coupon code doesn't work and talk to a rep. They will give you another coupon code that overrides the blacklist. If you clicked through Ebates too, that $299 interface becomes about $243 with free shipping and no tax. I scored a Bogner Red for that price the other day. :rock:

http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=yJLc548xePPOKz6s9v+fVA==

dooredge":as5teca7 said:
Noah76":as5teca7 said:

Haha, you gotta be kidding me right? I might be stupid, but I ain't dumb. Any dimwit knows nothing ships or moves off a shelf on a Sunday. That wasn't the point of the post you moron. :D

Then why the hell are you bitching?You made a post how so and so can't ship on the same day of ordering on a fucking Sunday you dumb cum eating whore.You walked right in to your own stupidity. And if you needed that shit the next day pay for next day air you dumb fucking cunt. Now go hang your self.

It's Zzounds.com for me. Ordered a NEW Marshall JVM205 today for $1195. The thing about them, is that they don't fuck around with price matching, they BEAT your best price. Probably spent 10k with them in 2 years.

Back