musiciansfriend.com SUCKS

napalmdeath":35o436dp said:
It's Zzounds.com for me. Ordered a NEW Marshall JVM205 today for $1195. The thing about them, is that they don't fuck around with price matching, they BEAT your best price. Probably spent 10k with them in 2 years.

Yep, that's where I got my EVH 50W from. Had purchased it from MF with 20% off for $800....it was on backorder. Contacted zzounds.com and they beat it for a grand total of $776 to my door! And, I didn't have to wait with them...they had one in stock! :rock:

Noah76":3glav7n8 said:
dooredge":3glav7n8 said:
Noah76":3glav7n8 said:
So you order on a Sunday and want them to ship on a Sunday? Lest see UPS,FedEX,USPS don't work on Sunday. No pick up=no ship.When I worked at UPS in the late 90's I sure as shit never worked Sunday.But please tell us how you were inconvenienced again.

ninja: Oh ya most if not all shipping centers are not open on a Sunday and it sometimes takes a day or 2 to get to the order. Or the second/third shift.

Haha, you gotta be kidding me right? I might be stupid, but I ain't dumb. Any dimwit knows nothing ships or moves off a shelf on a Sunday. That wasn't the point of the post you moron. :D

Then why the hell are you bitching?You made a post how so and so can't ship on the same day of ordering on a fucking Sunday you dumb cum eating whore.You walked right in to your own stupidity. And if you needed that shit the next day pay for next day air you dumb fucking cunt. Now go hang your self.

Now, I know you can read because you're posting here, but I have to say your reading comprehension is akin to that of a 2 year old retarded goat. Go back and read the initial post, if you're too lazy/stupid allow me to summarize..... ahem.........you're an idiot.

Tone Zone":272sz2kx said:
napalmdeath":272sz2kx said:
It's Zzounds.com for me. Ordered a NEW Marshall JVM205 today for $1195. The thing about them, is that they don't fuck around with price matching, they BEAT your best price. Probably spent 10k with them in 2 years.

Yep, that's where I got my EVH 50W from. Had purchased it from MF with 20% off for $800....it was on backorder. Contacted zzounds.com and they beat it for a grand total of $776 to my door! And, I didn't have to wait with them...they had one in stock! :rock:

Got my EVH from them as well. Got my Les Paul Classic Plus for $1551, back when they were all $1899.

Noah76":ayr87y8v said:
Then why the hell are you bitching?You made a post how so and so can't ship on the same day of ordering on a fucking Sunday you dumb cum eating whore.You walked right in to your own stupidity. And if you needed that shit the next day pay for next day air you dumb fucking cunt. Now go hang your self.

Dayum... it's the internet guy. Step away from the computer before you stroke out. :LOL: :LOL:

chumbucket":qkff1ony said:
Red_Label":qkff1ony said:
I will say though... I've been a bit frustrated with MF for a month or two because I REALLY want to pick up a Saffire Pro 24 recording interface and NONE of the 10-15% MF coupons/discounts for the past couple of months applied to that particular piece of hardware. They sell it for $299 (non-DSP version) and I just can't bring myself to pay that much. Closer to $250 and I'd have snapped one up already.

Open up a chat window when your coupon code doesn't work and talk to a rep. They will give you another coupon code that overrides the blacklist. If you clicked through Ebates too, that $299 interface becomes about $243 with free shipping and no tax. I scored a Bogner Red for that price the other day. :rock:

http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=yJLc548xePPOKz6s9v+fVA==

I actually did a chat the last time and they told me it didn't qualify, but to call for possible other discounts. I did that, but in the end they couldn't give me any discount. Must be specific to that manufacturer because I've never had problems getting discounts from MF before. But thanks for the Ebates advice. Never tried that.

Noah76":sa4a35j2 said:
dooredge":sa4a35j2 said:
Noah76":sa4a35j2 said:
So you order on a Sunday and want them to ship on a Sunday? Lest see UPS,FedEX,USPS don't work on Sunday. No pick up=no ship.When I worked at UPS in the late 90's I sure as shit never worked Sunday.But please tell us how you were inconvenienced again.

ninja: Oh ya most if not all shipping centers are not open on a Sunday and it sometimes takes a day or 2 to get to the order. Or the second/third shift.

Haha, you gotta be kidding me right? I might be stupid, but I ain't dumb. Any dimwit knows nothing ships or moves off a shelf on a Sunday. That wasn't the point of the post you moron. :D

Holy fucking Hell! Take some meds!

I try to source as much as I can locally. In a pinch, I'll use MF....but I'd rather buy from Sweetwater due to the customer service and better shipping times.

dooredge":2ukox3sl said:
I don't know about any of you all, but I dislike doing business with musiciansfriend.com. Do they offer a ton a decent gear decently priced? Sure do. What about when you actually order that gear; can they ship it the same day the order is received? Apparently not.

I ordered an ENGL Z-4 footswitch on Sunday, Nov18th. You think I might have received it by now wouldn't you? :) Nope. I just yesterday *(11/27) received the shipping confirmation. The only time I shop at musiciansfriend.com is when Sweetwater.com doesn't have what I need. Otherwise I avoid mf.com like the plague. All said and done it's taken 11 days to receive an item that was in-stock! I even paid an upcharge for two-day shipping. Haha, what a joke!

When I order from Sweetwater I get a phone call from a sale representative within an hour of my purchase. 1. Thanking me for my order and 2. Confirming the order and when it will ship. I know you guys experience the same level of service and damn it's refreshing to say the least.

Sweetwater usually ships the same day unless the order is recevied too late in the day. So worst case scenario, I'm looking at 3-5 days tops to receive the product. I kills me that mf.com can't even get something off the shelf in 5 days. This is at least the 3rd time I've experienced this with musiciansfriend.com. It one of the reasons that keeps me from going back and doing business with them on any consistent basis.

I wish Sweetwater had a few more lines of gear available; namely ENGL & ESP/LTD. Who else is out there that has Sweetwater like service?

I'm very sorry that it took us so long to get your order shipped out. It shouldn't have. For the most part, all orders placed before noon eastern will ship the same business day. We even guarantee it (Details here: https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pages/shopping-guarantee).

Could I get you to email your order details to forums@musiciansfriend.com? I'd like to take a look and see how we dropped the ball here. Again, I'm sorry for the delays.

Sincerely,
Chris Baker
Night Supervisor

Hey Chris, thanks for chiming in - unexpected, but thanks!

Please know what I didn't expect you guys to ship on a Sunday. Having been an internet buyer for years now; I know how it works. I knew there'd be at least 24 hours before I heard anything on the shipping front. Not entirely sure how that dope Noah76 came to the conclusion this was about shipping the pedal out on a Sunday of all days.

No matter, I'll forward the order confirm to you as requested.

Thanks again,
Jerod

"can they ship it the same day the order is received? Apparently not."
"I ordered an ENGL Z-4 footswitch on Sunday, Nov18th."

Riiight, I see why you're so perplexed. I should have written, "or next day..." etc. I knew it wouldn't ship on a Sunday. I was trying to correlate ship times between Musiciansfriend & Sweetwater.

dooredge":3tuqggh4 said:
What about when you actually order that gear; can they ship it the same day the order is received?

dooredge":3tuqggh4 said:
Sweetwater usually ships the same day unless the order is recevied too late in the day.

And again, this wasn't about it shipping the same, 1 or 2 days after it was ordered. It wasn't shipped until 9 days after the order.

Ive never had a problem with them. Ordered guitars and pickups from them. Nothing damaged, shipped fast, overall nothing to complain about :dunno:

glpg80":1qjwotji said:
Ive never had a problem with them. Ordered guitars and pickups from them. Nothing damaged, shipped fast, overall nothing to complain about :dunno:

Dude.....your avatar sure does lift up my holiday "spirit!" :jedi: :jedi: :D

Tone Zone":3rcnui8y said:
glpg80":3rcnui8y said:

Dude.....your avatar sure does lift up my holiday "spirit!" :jedi: :jedi: :D

'Tis the season! :LOL: :LOL:

Back