Doug Aldrich with my old Blacktop '58

Very cool story!

Interesting that Sykes plays a black LP, and now DA plays one in WS!

bonedarrell":3pqzlvp1 said:
steve_k":3pqzlvp1 said:
rupe":3pqzlvp1 said:
I am sure he had it framed and now it sits in his fireplace

Fixed ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'm kinda slow......what am I missing here?

AHHHHHH! Just saw the minor edit! that was clever!! I don't think they have fireplaces in LA anyway.

Very cool story though. I'll go ahead and call dibs on the new one, just in case.... :D

bonedarrell":2v386lyb said:
steve_k":2v386lyb said:
rupe":2v386lyb said:
I am sure he had it framed and now it sits in his fireplace

Fixed ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'm kinda slow......what am I missing here?

AHHHHHH! Just saw the minor edit! that was clever!! I don't think they have fireplaces in LA anyway.
:thumbsup:

And I forgot to say...cool story! :rock:

Got to see DA rip this guitar up tonight. It's a little surreal seeing one of your old guitars up on stage sounding nothing like it ever has before!!! Gonna get to hang with DA for a bit tomorrow since WS is in town for a couple days. He wants to see/play the Bartlett. Then back for the second show! I have to say that the Blacktop was absolutely the best sounding guitar Da played tonight (he says the same).

Here's a Polaroid moment from tonight.....I am green shirt guy btw.

82e120917da8fd1340c9a7ae85ed6d43_zps702605e3.jpg

My 13 y/o daughter is now a huge DA fan!! He is one of the nicest people I have ever met. He suggested I bring her to soundcheck. The only WS song she was familiar with was "Here I Go Again", so they did that as one of the soundcheck tunes (they don't really need to play the entire tune, but did anyway!) After the soundcheck he gave her a tour of the bus. He didn't have to do any of this!
53182f891c168e5ac6d85edc1966988a_zps2ed1d23d.jpg
6c3827ff9eb4e9324ddbea80159143a6_zpsd2913d59.jpg

Thanks for sharing your stories with us! Do you find yourself eying an historic blacktop from that year now? :D

I love that guitar! However, I gotta say I'm a little disappointed in seeing you in the photos. . .as I've always envisioned you as the guy in your avatar. :LOL: :LOL:

reverymike":18ov1ago said:
I love that guitar! However, I gotta say I'm a little disappointed in seeing you in the photos. . .as I've always envisioned you as the guy in your avatar. :LOL: :LOL:

Thats the Rev Billy Gibbons before the beard. :thumbsup:

King Guitar":1bqam7n0 said:
reverymike":1bqam7n0 said:

Thats the Rev Billy Gibbons before the beard. :thumbsup:

Really!? Wow - I had no idea! I thought he resembled someone, but could never place it.

50MkII":1zgpgr58 said:
Thanks for sharing your stories with us! Do you find yourself eying an historic blacktop from that year now? :D

Well, I bought another right after selling that one to DA. They were consecutive serial numbers as well which was a little unusual? Anyway, I have since sold that one as well. I will let the new owner chime in if they are considering selling. :thumbsup:

reverymike":2pcbv9ws said:

Now THAT's funny!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Very cool story about the '58 Blacktop that you sold to DA.

Had no idea that was Billy Gibbons either, just thought it was bonedarrrell as well. The ugly guy in my avatar is me. :LOL: :LOL:

Back