Krank Amps out of business

rlord1974":1zt1soam said:
Business":1zt1soam said:
rlord1974":1zt1soam said:
Business":1zt1soam said:
Krankenstein was probably the worst tube amp I've ever owned. I wouldn't buy a mint one for 300$

$275? :confused:

Shipped?

Sure, but no one is going to spend $80 on packaging materials to ensure it is packed properly. Wrap it in a towel with some duct tape and drop it at FedEx.......

I guess the headbox, tubes and other parts are worth more in spare parts than assembled
Have a monkey try to reassemble the components and it'll probably sound better

mwt-logo.jpg

Shawn Lutz":a9s3i1j4 said:
Randy Van Sykes":a9s3i1j4 said:
the main reason I don't like them is I have yet to hear one that sounds good

I actually heard one that sounded good. I was very suprised. I honestly can't tell you which Krank. I think it was a Krankenstein of some sort and I complimented the guy on his tone after the show which is rare for me to do.

I think I was more shocked that it did not sound like complete doo doo than anything.

shgshg":a9s3i1j4 said:
Krank was a one-trick pony; they had Dimebag, and then he died.

:LOL: :LOL: :dunno:

maddnotez":3gn0nohc said:
Shawn Lutz":3gn0nohc said:
Randy Van Sykes":3gn0nohc said:
the main reason I don't like them is I have yet to hear one that sounds good

I actually heard one that sounded good. I was very suprised. I honestly can't tell you which Krank. I think it was a Krankenstein of some sort and I complimented the guy on his tone after the show which is rare for me to do.

I think I was more shocked that it did not sound like complete doo doo than anything.

shgshg":3gn0nohc said:
Krank was a one-trick pony; they had Dimebag, and then he died.

I put words in people's mouth's that they didn't say...and I like little boys.

:thumbsup:

krank rev 1 , the original circuit was cool, it had its issues but with a few simple mods its killed.

don't forget people the rev 1's were REALLY close to JCM 800s which you guys love.

It's a trend and don't be surprised to see more smaller companies fold. The market is shrinking as less younger people aren't buying guitar gear. They're buying DJ shit or too busy taking pictures of themselves with the latest smart phone. Now get off my lawn. :codeak:

blackba":25b3s2il said:
Tony picks some of the worst amp names IMO. Never liked the Krank name and Stiff is even worse. Both company's marketing turns me sour, I guess I am not the target market.

yeah

not a fan of putting big names on the front page with "stiff amps" in the background.

that being said, i almost pulled the trigger on a rev1 for 300$ about 4 months ago but didnt.

danyeo":1c038d9j said:
It's a trend and don't be surprised to see more smaller companies fold. The market is shrinking as less younger people aren't buying guitar gear. They're buying DJ shit or too busy taking pictures of themselves with the latest smart phone. Now get off my lawn. :codeak:

:LOL: :LOL:

rlord1974":s1suxmma said:
Sure, but no one is going to spend $80 on packaging materials to ensure it is packed properly. Wrap it in a towel with some duct tape and drop it at FedEx.......

Ah crap, so funny I just choked on my dinner...

I'm sure this amp was good for something...It just made me think of a industrial guitar sound.

dawnofdreamx97":2d3h3zrb said:
mooncobra":2d3h3zrb said:
cornford out of business, too bad. they made some good amps. the builder, forgot his name, has a new amp line coming out.

for sure, his name is Martin Kidd

yep , called Victory amplification , Chappers did some demos of a proto made for him, sounded pretty awesome, see when they start hitting the market

danyeo":jczefj4q said:

I'm sure kids are still buying guitar gear, they just aren't buying 100W high-gain stacks.

EXPcustom":3mfy3qg7 said:
Just kidding, shitty amp company is shitty. :thumbsdown:
+1. Their products were mostly sh*tty across the board as near as I could tell... and the fake reviews showed early on that they had no integrity from the business side. I remember them trying to sign every single metal artists under the sun and taking full back page ads in guitar mags in an effort to get some kind of market momentum but their stuff was so bad that even that didn't work. :LOL: :LOL: It was awesome for a while on HC because you could tell every time some tool with a low post count would post on HC looking for a Krank "tone" they were inevitably some poor gullible kid taken in by the BS claims and advertising. :gethim:

Meh, not my favorite company but I was a really big fan of their Chadwick head... Which may or may not be because my name is Chadwick... But I've been really interested in getting one or eventually working with it's creator, Alan Chadwick, to make a Chadwick or a Chad Chadwick or something...

The rest of the amps are meh, but I heard the Ninteen80 was Chadwick-esque, which is guess is Marshall-esque...

They had a couple amps that were solid. The Chadwick and Rev Pro Jr are both worth buying used. I don't know the entire story about forum advertising and all that mess, but I always thought the name was a little wack.

Back