Friedman STFU - New Attenuator from Friedman

• Thread starter Deleted member 16554
  • Start date
onlyrockrocks":2gwoan0t said:
Hey! Any news on this one? I am just waiting for the go to sell my Tube Amp Doctor Silencer and order the Friedman instead... ;-)

If you don't want to wait, you can check out the new Aracom attenuator that has been out for almost a year. It has foot switching where you can adjust the levels for lead and rhythm. It has DI out with a filter switch and it has a knob to control the brightness, which sounds very natural. I've been using it in my studio for a year and it sounds great! I've done tons of recordings with it with no issues.It's Very realiable and built like a tank!
I'm sure Dave's is going to be a killer attenuator, but I'm sure that the Aracom will be just as good.Dave and Jeff are both genius!

I'd have a good listen to the attenuator before laying cash down. The last one I used was the Weber, it changed the tone of every amp I used it on. Even when it was switched in with no attenuation it rolled bass off. I tried it with my eighteen watt Marshall and it sounded very two dimensional. Needless to say I've ruled attenuators out as an option.

Hopefully Dave Friedman's one will succeed where others have failed.

Mark

Back