Mainstage for Mac

crwnedblasphemy

Okay...I got a macbook pro last week...IT SMOKES.

Guy had it loaded with goodies...including Logic Pro X, which I am digging so far. User friendly, and addictive drums loaded right in, no problems.

Anyway...testing out other software on this beast, and I loaded Mainstage...Holy shit, after tweaking the Brown Sound patch, I was playing this thing for like 3 hours...sounds excellent. Gonna be my go to late night practice amp. I was thinking about buying a Two Notes, or something for my splawn, but screw it...this sounds good enough for me...Glad I bought a Macbook.

Once you go Mac you never go back..
I switched all my computers to Mac a few years ago and everytime I get on a PC I just laugh..
My old bass player used to make fun of me for having a Mac. He used to say his computer was bad ass and he built it himself blah, blah blah..
I talked to my old singer a few weeks ago and I guess the dudes girlfriend bought him a Mac at christmas time and now all he talks about is how awesome the mac is..
I have never seen anyone make the switch and be nothing but stoked..
Usually the ppl talking shit about macs are people that are still holding on to their prized pc's for some reason and never really given the mac a try.
I really don't know shit about computers but this I know.. My macs are all at least three years old, they run as fast as the day I bought them and, if I plug something into it, like a camera or go pro or whatever, guess what? It works.. NO loading software, looking for the driver bs...
The shit just works..

I

jski59":31fd6bt3 said:
I might give this a try...what interface are you using?

I use an Mbox Pro 3rd edition...Haven't loaded protools 8 on the mac, as I have it still on my pc....but I don't think I'm going to. I'll keep my cubase and protools on pc, and use logic X on the mac. I gotta post a clip for ya'll.

I just switched to a Mac a few months ago. I got a couple gripes with Apple but overall am much more satisfied than I was with my last PC. I don't think I'll go back to Windows.

I'll have to check out this MainStage software. Can it work with Garageband or do you have to upgrade to Logic?

base341":3od9s5jb said:
Once you go Mac you never go back..
I switched all my computers to Mac a few years ago and everytime I get on a PC I just laugh..
My old bass player used to make fun of me for having a Mac. He used to say his computer was bad ass and he built it himself blah, blah blah..
I talked to my old singer a few weeks ago and I guess the dudes girlfriend bought him a Mac at christmas time and now all he talks about is how awesome the mac is..
I have never seen anyone make the switch and be nothing but stoked..
Usually the ppl talking shit about macs are people that are still holding on to their prized pc's for some reason and never really given the mac a try.
I really don't know shit about computers but this I know.. My macs are all at least three years old, they run as fast as the day I bought them and, if I plug something into it, like a camera or go pro or whatever, guess what? It works.. NO loading software, looking for the driver bs...
The shit just works..

I
Could not have said it better :yes:

I've been Mac. After convincing myself it was better, I had a few problems that just never seemed to get resolved.

Went back to Windows, I'm happy where I am :)

Hey I've been using Mainstage for a while now. My 2 cents are that it has a friendly UI, the sounds are pretty decent for practice, but its pretty unstable. That is to say its not gig worthy.. but great for a plug and play solution. If you combine it with any stompable midi trigger you can really appreciate the looper and tap tempo features.

Back