D-Moll first day impression: Extremely cutting Swiss knife !

Faxanadu

Unboxed the D-Moll yesterday and gave it a try today, wanted to share my first impressions with you guys, who have already experienced this "first time" before me.

First of all, the head is just visually a piece of art. I got the standard version with grey tolex which I prefered to the black (grey looked so sexy to me !!!) :inlove:
My cab is the 2x12 RL with V30s (Diezel of course).

- Channel 3 considered the lead channel is very midrange-y and fluid, sustain is very good also. I really heard perfectly the melody of what I was playing. What I find very usefull is that you can hit the mid-cut and channel 3 gives a rythm sound perfect for fast riffs.
But I would recommend what Uncle Mo has always said, the best cab for Diezel metal players is the 4x12FL with G12K100.
I have tried it and I cannot get that tightness and powerfull low-mid response on the 7th string with my actual cab (2x12 RL with V30s). I will definitely get one of those to complete the sound range that I can have with RL V30.

- Channel 2: Dynamic (Dynamite I should say) and very Versatile. :rawk:
Depending on how you set the gain knob and guitar volume knob and pick-up, you can have all the sounds from clean to heavy distortion on this channel. Add the mid-cut feature to this channel and a delay in the loop, this becomes a one channel amp with a sound of a 4 channels amp. Can you believe this ???

- Channel 1: The big surprise !
To me, this is where D-moll sets a new standard in the Guitar Amplification World. The best clean channel I have heard and played. A world-class break-up and very atmospheric (I don't know what it means, but I felt so...). Also very dynamic and reactive to your pick-ups and playing style.
I have never spent so much time on a clean channel. For sure my Chorus and EQ pedal will go back to their box, I don't need them anymore.

Conclusion after the first day:
I have a lot to discover yet on this amp but this is definitely an amp that you get if you look for versatility, no matter if you are a clean player or a hi-gainer.

It is crazy to say that on a first day with this amp, but I already know that this will not be my last Diezel amp...(dreaming of a VH4S)... :thumbsup:

AWESOME POST!! Thanks for sharing!! Love the thread title :yes: Looks like you've ascended to the highest tier of aural pleasure. I was unsure of what to think of the d-moll for a while there and with the help of posts like this I'm now a total believer. Going to have to try one soon!

I can 1:1 mirror everything you said, I'm loving my dmoll too! Ch1 is just so delicioussss! :)

Conrgrats on your first Diezel Faxandu =)

D-Moll is my first Diezel as well and I couldn't be any happier.

Get that G12 cab next. It crushes!

I second everything you've said.. I've had mine for about 4 months or so and I love it..
I use mainly the second channel because it is so versatile with use of mid cut and volume knob on the guitar..
The clean channel sounds huge like the Herbert..
Such a great amp in every way!!!
I'm using a FL Diezel with v-30's and sometimes a Mesa OS 412 with v-30s. both sound great

BTW.. I've posted this before but the band I'm in has been auditioning singers for the last couple of months and without fail about
halfway through the jam session the guys always say WTF is that?? Your guitar sounds fucking huge..
I get compliments on my tone constantly.. It's almost getting embarrassing.. :LOL: :LOL:

Faxanadu,

What an awesome post! Thanks for sharing - and man, sounds as though you and the D-Moll are a perfect fit. Incredible entrance into the world of Diezel - MEGA CONGRATS!!!!!

Keep us posted - stick some clips up, photos, whatever. What style of music are you playing primarily? Band context or recording? Let us know so that other readers can figure out what amp best suits their needs too. Just stoked for you 100% :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

IN DIEZEL WE TRUST
Unc' Mo

Vielen Dank Unc'Mo !

You 're damn right, D-moll seems to be a perfect beginning for me in the Diezel world.
But honestly, who can say: "I have a Diezel amp, I will not have another one" ???
The existing models look all like "must have" amps, and who knows which new creation Mr.Diezel will offer us.

As for posts and more details, of course I will provide more.
Before I get my first DIezel amp, this forum helped me a lot in my research thanks to you guys.
Now I am part of it, my turn to share:

I have been gigging quite often during the last five years. I played mostly covers and very commercial music oriented (a lot of radio shit, Pink, Bon Jovi, Red Hot...). For this I needed a versatile amp with a very good clean channel and effect loop.
The most heavy It could get was Foo Fighters or Europe, or Gun's...
So you can imagine that D-moll would have been the perfect choice for all my gigging plans:

- Perfect clean channel, very natural, and with the Diezel famous effect loop, gives a lot of sound opportunities.
I recommend anybody looking for "clean oriented" gig situation to try the clean channel of D-moll with a Diezel RL v30 cab, for clean and crunch sound. It is really a perfect match. Nicest mid-range sound IMO.

- For distortion: If 80's and 90's heavy music is expected, D-moll can do it easily, even with RL v30.
For modern styles, be sure to try the FL G12K100, 'cause D-moll is absolutely not compressed and RL might lack a bit of tightness.
The mid-cut feature really shines G12K100.

Now I don't gig anymore, not in a band either.
I have some recording projects, and want to build a home studio, and concentrate on recording.
I will most probably go in the Metal territory to begin with, (my prefered music by the way), and again D-moll is a winner here whith channel 2 & 3 and mid-cut. I will definitely get the FL G12K100 this time, perfect for Metal and recording.

And last reason to go D-moll, if you are a MIDI hater like I am, you have the option to with the footswitch FS7-HE, and you control everything easily. And if I change my mind on MIDI, D-moll offers MIDI control ability.
Somebody can give me a reason not to start with D-moll ???

I will post clips later, when I'll get a descent recording mean. It is kind of misrespect to record such a beautiful tone, with an iPhone !!!

Kahawe, TheSweep, base341,

Thank you for your comments, it feel so good to that you guys have also experienced this great feeling in front of D-moll.
Makes me sure its not my overexcitement or imagination.

By the way, the guitar I have mainly used with D-moll up to now, is Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist 7. I might discover other great things with other guitars, this thing is just so good at letting your guitar playing style express itself.

Cheers,

Thank you for your comments, it feel so good to that you guys have also experienced this great feeling in front of D-moll.
Makes me sure its not my overexcitement or imagination.

By the way, the guitar I have mainly used with D-moll up to now, is Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist 7. I might discover other great things with other guitars, this thing is just so good at letting your guitar playing style express itself.

Cheers,

You got it buddy :thumbsup:

Bato,
hast du einen Konzert in Erlangen oder Nürnberg vor ?
Ich mag gern deine Herbert im Konzert zu hören...

Sorry but my German ist nicht genung. I am still learning...

t-rex22":3k1f3vam said:
AWESOME POST!! Thanks for sharing!! Love the thread title :yes: Looks like you've ascended to the highest tier of aural pleasure. I was unsure of what to think of the d-moll for a while there and with the help of posts like this I'm now a total believer. Going to have to try one soon!

Thanks t-rex22. Yes D-moll is very fun to play. A lot of different sounds are possible, and all are great. If you try it one day, try to have different cabs with it, you will hear all sound range it is capable of.
I have not tried the D-moll with active pick-ups. Maybe it sounds good also...

Good luck and have fun.

I just nabbed a D-Moll after a few weeks of debating between it and Paul. Both seemed very capable, but someone was in a hurry to sell their month old D-Moll and saved me a lot of money.

I am loving it and the tone I am achieving, but I want to know if I can assign a MIDI controller to specific things like the Mid cut or loop assign, etc?
I know you can store a preset with what you want engaged, but I run a G system rig and it would be handy to be able to hit one control and jump from ch2 to 3, or master 1 to 2, whatever I decide without creating more patches. The G system is a base 5 numerical sequence, which is fine until you start having to bank up and down to go into different sounds that you can otherwise attain with a single assignable MIDI control.

Any help is welcomed!

Bammbamm!

But can I assign, lets say, Controller 78 to toggle Master 1-2 looking for direct control as opposed to making presets.

Back