VIDEO: Seymour Duncan JB in 3 flavors

bulletproof_funk

35th Anniv, Production, and Antiquity in that order (no ETA mentioned).

Personally I'm liking the high end on that Antiquity. Would like to see them offer 4 conductor wiring though, but given the throwback marketing that probably won't happen nor an F-spacing option.

Edit: these things were talked about 2 years ago already, my bad. :doh: Interesting to know anyways for those who didn't already.

Sounded prety close to me
Any slight tone differences could be acheived by adjusting the amp EQ

= Buy the cheap JB and turn the presence on your amp up by 1 number.....................

All three sound the same to my ears.

I prefer the ceramic SH-5 Custom to the Alnico in bridge.

JB is and was a good pup but 1000nds of good one now days.

I'm not sure if they'll feel the same, can never tell that through clips, curious how the rough-cast degaussed A5 magnet changes things.

I'm seeing the Antiquity sell on eBay for ~ $130, limited run from what I've read, seems a bit pricy, but then so are the EVH pups are all Gibson spaced 2 conductor pups and more expensive. Yeah lots of good pup options these days (maybe too many), I probably wouldn't jump on these first, still curious though given the clips. The Antiquity still sounds the most different of the 3 to me, the 35th and Pro sound so much like each other to me.

I've read A8 magnets are between an A5 and ceramic for output and attack, might have to fiddle with that sometime.

I really dug the antiquity on that one and i did like the 35th a little better than the regular. Nice raw top end and less cluttered mids on the antiquity. But it all depends on the which guitar and which amp anyway :LOL: :LOL:

I got a smokin' deal on the 35th Anni set of JB/Jazz and put them in my Edwards LP. They sound amazingly good.

Back