New Tom Anderson Model (24 Frets)

gibson5413

Sounds like Tom will unveil his newest model at NAMM: The Angel. This is still a non production model but he will have finished models for NAMM as well as several already on order. Very cool for those that just had to have 24 frets with Tom's great quality.

Here are some comments directly from the man:

We've been very busy this year. I guess this means the 2 year rule is no longer in effect, we shall speak of it no more. We have a couple going to namm and a few dealers will also be getting delivery around the same time. Don't have any yet. The first one is a no top model done in flat black, kind of a stealthy thing. Got some pretty ones in the works too.

Yes, body, neck and pickup placement are all different. Neck is longer and joins body higher, body is cutaway deeper, neck and middle pu are moved. Slightly bigger body, but hangs in the same place so so it doesn't feel longer or shorter. I am very happy with it. It will be interesting to see if some different people maybe play our guitars. We've already had an order for a reverse headstock angel.

Awesome, I guess the cat is out of the bag. The reverse headstock build Tom mentioned is mine ! I have a custom Drop Top I ordered a while back also, its an amazing guitar. I was really excited to be able to order one of these Angel 24 fret models. Get in touch with Brad (King Guitar) for your Anderson needs. So far for me Anderson guitars have been the best to to do a custom order build. Quality and Customer service is top notch, better than any other custom shop I have placed an order with.

the4thlast1":27bwct2z said:
Awesome, I guess the cat is out of the bag. The reverse headstock build Tom mentioned is mine ! I have a custom Drop Top I ordered a while back also, its an amazing guitar. I was really excited to be able to order one of these Angel 24 fret models. Get in touch with Brad (King Guitar) for your Anderson needs. So far for me Anderson guitars have been the best to to do a custom order build. Quality and Customer service is top notch, better than any other custom shop I have placed an order with.
Which fnish did you go with? I love TAGs arctic blue

We already have one on order for Chris (The4thLast1). If any of you guys want to get a order in for the Angel, PM me.

Finally a Tom Anderson 24 fretter! I wish he did this years ago. Better late than never I guess ,this should do really well for him.

I have been looking at this guitar more and more and i am starting to really dig it. The cutaway looks like is lines up better with the 24th fret than the suhr modern.

I'll tell you, a main reason this guitar took so long for Tom to offer (IMO) is he puts so much thought into his builds that he wanted to make sure it met his very high standards. There isn't a feature that isn't well thought out and tested before he even makes it available to his customers. What a great shop!!

Back