New small amp ?

hi

is there some news about the small amp?
hope this amp go out for the musikmesse.

papa diezel, I'm sure you prepare an another great amp!

best regards

WOW!!! Peter it will be really great! (I have some issues with my back and can't carry my Herbert anymore)

If you can integrate mid-cut/boost and deep-presence in a lunchbox head it will be really great

Two channels minimum , maybe channel 2 and channel 3 with the same settings but independent gain controls and more compressed sound on 3rd channel like Herbert! It's incredibly useful for the solos, no need to add compression!

in any case it's really exiting news! :rock:

And yes, 20W is too small to cover a loud drummer.
25W is minimum i think!

If you can think about good compensated output for in-ears monitoring on stage - will be perfect!

Voron":nr9zcqhs said:
WOW!!! Peter it will be really great! (I have some issues with my back and can't carry my Herbert anymore)

If you can integrate mid-cut/boost and deep-presence in a lunchbox head it will be really great

Two channels minimum , maybe channel 2 and channel 3 with the same settings but independent gain controls and more compressed sound on 3rd channel like Herbert! It's incredibly useful for the solos, no need to add compression!

in any case it's really exiting news! :rock:

Have you checked Dmoll .probably half the weight of Herb but it has 3 ch like you mentioned and the Mid cut

I would think if the lil amp Max is coming out this year it will be at the Messe next month

I think all the Diezel big amps have enough features and if someone wants that we can pay for it. For a small amp, I wouldn't have too many features at all. I'd focus on 1 thing and make it well to keep the Diezel sound, so maybe have a few variety of small amps

amp 1 - single channel, effects loop focused on any of the high gain channels of the other amps. It will of course be different because of the smaller wattage, different parts, but still has that Diezel gain. The gain could be rolled off for cleaner sounds though. So there would be variety of sounds.

amp 2 - single channel clean up to dirty, effects loop

I know it may not be something you want to add to a smaller amp, but I've always thought there would be a nice market for an amp to include some kind of DI or reamp feature that could record up to X minutes of playing. So it could be used several ways, like played back as we make adjustments, a looper and of course played back for recording. So there would be 3 jacks on the front, 1 for the dry guitar, 1 out to go back to the pedal board (or whatever) and then one Main Input to plug back in that hits the preamp.

gtr31":34rr3lsz said:
Have you checked Dmoll .probably half the weight of Herb but it has 3 ch like you mentioned and the Mid cut
I would think if the lil amp Max is coming out this year it will be at the Messe next month
Still to heavy for my back :(
Really need something light, about 10kg...

I have a 45 to 50 watt amp finished.
D-Moll chassis.
2.5 channels.
2 master.
Reverb for each channel.
Midi and FS7 footswitch.
Serial and parallel loop switchable.
A bit less gain on the distortion channels
but that allows a thick tone.

Need a new logo and head shell design to
get more of the non metal customers.
Of course the amp can do metal :LOL: :LOL:

For home use and recording I have a much smaller
project with DAW direct out from a power amp.
Also useable as 2 channel preamp.

25 watts are too small for a loud drummer and way
to loud for home use and recording needs.

Wow!

So it will be the same size as the Dmoll then, and should be a bit lighter obviously with the lower wattage.

I am getting interested in building a stereo dual head lunch box rig, basically a shrunken gigable version of my home rig in my avatar.

Peter Diezel":16k52d56 said:
I have a 45 to 50 watt amp finished.
D-Moll chassis.
2.5 channels.
2 master.
Reverb for each channel.
Midi and FS7 footswitch.
Serial and parallel loop switchable.
A bit less gain on the distortion channels
but that allows a thick tone.

Need a new logo and head shell design to
get more of the non metal customers.
Of course the amp can do metal :LOL: :LOL:

Very Very cool

What about just a simple look ,like the grill cloth you had on the einstein combos
black faceplate, white or black knobs ..I think the black and silver is pretty classy

I have a black / white faceplate at the moment.
What´s about a tolex white / black mix ?
For example white on the head shell front panel
and black for the top and sides.

Hey Peter,
Long time reader/lurker. First time poster.
What about making different options with a possible up charge?
Like how Boger does with the uberschall. You can order it with a grill cloth for a more classic look, or opt for the metal "tire tread" grill for the more modern, aggressive look. That way the design can appeal to non metal player, as well as metal players alike or people that would just prefer the typical Diezel look. Metal "D" grill for example.

I think the schmidt's look was nice. Classic look, you should go in this direction in my opinion.

Black tolex and the black/white grillcloth like that Eini-combo posted above, black faceplate is cool.
The little diezelbadges you had on the Schmidt were looking awesome.

That should give it a unique look to set it apart the typical helios/friedman-"modern-classic marshallclone-look"

I'd appreciate if the Amp would be a good base for pedals (fuzzes) as well, maybe with a brightswitch or something like that to cut bright frequencies.

Peter Diezel":1pdivrtd said:
I have a black / white faceplate at the moment.
What´s about a tolex white / black mix ?
For example white on the head shell front panel
and black for the top and sides.

I like it .what if you did that with the d'moll classic style face

So as you mentioned head shell is black instead of grey ,front face on it is white but has the black circular cutout, black piping

white faceplates with black knobs . I think you would have a pretty cool look and nice balance of the 2 colours.

just a suggestion

Peter Diezel":2bnt9r5e said:

I am excited to hear about this one.
I hope the direct out is an XLR and not USB.
I have a full PA in my home studio and it's main board is also my audio interface for my DAW. A Allen & Heath MixWiz v4. I can record 16 tracks at a time.

25 watts wouldn't necessarily be too loud for a home studio or too low for a drummer.
I host a once a month jam in my studio and run some smaller amps direct outs through my board. Larger wattage heads we just crank them up and let rip.
Recording an amp varies from direct out, isolation cab, or mic/multi-mic a cab. Depends on the time of day. (And if my wife is home!!) Oh she never complains unless I am loud at 5 or 6 in the morning.

It's the Diezel sound.....that's what we want....and if it could be in a small, light weight, easily portable package, possibly a head, that us old guys could carry......

Duff

What a great news Peter!!!
What about weight? Do you have any info? I'm really need to have a portable solution besides my Herbert!

For the colours I suggest Red front Black sides and top :)

Back