Diezel VH4 Head and 4x12 Cab on Reverb

There just arent a lot of people laying down $4k+ on a rig right now man. Over the last year I've seen a number of VH4 heads going for $2500 or less and the Diezel cabs arent moving and when they are its more like $800 or less. Hell I sold my VH4S around a year and a half ago for $2400 shipped...

yikes ok. thanks for the reality check.
looks like i'll lower the price i think it might be scaring people away.
when i just had the head posted i got a few offers but they were ridiculously low.

how much bearing, if any, do you think the tour cases have on the price?

thanks so much for your post.

good luck, hope you sell it. Where i live anything used thats worth more then 2k new will go for half the price.

Man it only goes that low because people let it. There's just a no reason a 4400 dollar head that isn't over saturated in the market should ever go that low unless it is in just horrible friggin shape. Ridiculous!

yea i'd never sell my rig short. i know what it's worth and i'm not going to accept any insultingly low offers for it.
i'm just surprised no one has made an offer worth accepting ha!

Looking at the 2 pictures of your cabs that you have displayed, those 4x12 cabs appear to be a "slanted". Peter's front loaded cabs are not slanted, the grill on Peter's front loaded cabs are straight and flush with the front of the cab.

Ex: Diezel front loaded.

0fde9c8d7a_large.jpg

Your cab slanted.

h1lhluznhw2gjmmsljof.jpg

To me it looks like it's back loaded. Those cabs are slightly slanted too.

If you don't have to sell just wait. I had an JVM on sale for over a year until someone payed what I asked. I didn't lower the price At an point.

@wormholes forgive my ignorance i may be wrong..i assumed my cab was front loaded after removing the side handles and looked inside.
all speakers were right behind the grill. as opposed to on the back part of the cab. did you get a chance to see those pics?
thank you for posting!

sorcerscore":2f4qs74f said:
@wormholes forgive my ignorance i may be wrong..i assumed my cab was front loaded after removing the side handles and looked inside.
all speakers were right behind the grill. as opposed to on the back part of the cab. did you get a chance to see those pics?
thank you for posting!
sorcerscore, I apologize, I only saw the 2 photos in your advertisement lineup.

However, there's no written musical speaker cabinet law that states all FL cabs need not to be slanted of vertically flush. Also, somebody may correct me if 'm wrong, Peter's FL cab speakers are accessible by simply removing the front grill cover and it will be clear that the speakers are mounted to the front side of the speaker baffle.

Its rear loaded. You can tell because you can actually remove the rear panel. 99.9% of the time FL cabs do not have a removable rear panel. If still in question remove the rear panel and see if you cam get the speakers out.

Edit: You can actually see the mounting screws in the photo. 100% it's rear loaded.

OP front and rear loaded means which side of the front panel the speakers are mounted to not which panel. Your speakers are mounted to the rear of the front panel.

It isn't selling because it's still priced fairly high, it's a USA cab with the crappy OEM speakers, and it's misrepresented and misleading due to the fact that it's listed as a front loaded cab but is clearly a rear load cab.

I just sold one of those cabs, but with an X of V30's and those OEM's for $650. If it didn't have the two mesa V30's in mine, I probably wouldn't have sold it for that.

If you want it to sell, you'll have to come down another grand and fix your description. Most of us that can clearly see the poster doesn't know what they have when they list their item or discribe it incorrectly, run away. It's usually a bad sign. Not being dicky, just stating a fact that happens for most buyers browsing internet for sale adds.

Unfortunately, the market just keeps getting worse and worse. $3K for a clean VH4 is not a good deal anymore. You can pick them up in the mid 2K range if you shop a little. The cab, IMHO, are $500 cabs. Seems today, nothing sells unless it's vintage, hard to get, or is a good deal.
q0sdxbmrwc2xffhs0z6f.jpg

Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert":2ks66vh3 said:
Man it only goes that low because people let it. There's just a no reason a 4400 dollar head that isn't over saturated in the market should ever go that low unless it is in just horrible friggin shape. Ridiculous!

Incorrect. New prices have little bearing on the used value for any product. The market sets the price, if you want it to sell you price it at a point that the market can bear. Otherwise you sit on it until someone who doesn't know any better places the same value on it that you do.

Think about it from an economic point of view, its 2016, a VH4 and matching cab in the states are not rare or terribly hard to find things any more. Every year more VH4 heads and cabs hit the new market which means there are more available for the used market. I don't see the demand side keeping up with the increased supply. Too much supply, not enough demand, price comes down...

those amps are selling for $2,500 or less. so you are basically wanting $1,500 for the cab and road cases plus shipping.

you say you are shocked that no one has made an offer but I think the posters above has accurately identified why no one is bidding. it may be worth more in your mind but the market right now sucks.

sleewell2":36cogh0g said:
those amps are selling for $2,500 or less. so you are basically wanting $1,500 for the cab and road cases plus shipping.

you say you are shocked that no one has made an offer but I think the posters above has accurately identified why no one is bidding. it may be worth more in your mind but the market right now sucks.

fair enough. this thread has answered my questions in a lot of ways. i appreciate all feedback. i'm willing to accept a fair offer. not looking to make money off it, just looking to sell it for a fair price.

Back