Best modded Marshall you have played??

rottingcorpse":1rlkloel said:
langner jcm800 50 watt with depth knob and metro zero loss loop.

Not to be a dumbass but whatever happened to Mr. Langner? I love his modded marshalls & even his rack mount preamp.

Bone stock JCM800 2203 w/6550's with a Boss Super Distortion in front for me. I see no need to modify...don't need more gain or need an FX loop.

DET1973":3dt420no said:
rottingcorpse":3dt420no said:
langner jcm800 50 watt with depth knob and metro zero loss loop.

Not to be a dumbass but whatever happened to Mr. Langner? I love his modded marshalls & even his rack mount preamp.
He died unfortunately.

gtrwun":2qifa2xs said:
thefyn":2qifa2xs said:
gtrwun":2qifa2xs said:
Langner did some sick sounding amps. Did some gigs back in the old days with Vicious Rumors and those guys had Langner mods and their tone was ridiculous. And Carl Albert, what can you say about that guy.....WHAT A SINGER.
Hard to say the best ive had, but Nicks Aldrich Mod he did for me is right up there at the top. I have a Lee Jackson mod right now that I bought from the guy from King Kobra.....bad ass amp. I have a Cameron 3 channel that is sick too. Love them all. Oh and the 74 Metal Panel mystery mod with the Fender Tolex I still have that one and its killer too.

Sweet. I may have actually played that vicious rumors amp. I've tried a few and I recall that name being mentioned in part of the folk lore. But they may have just talked about other bands that had them. One of the biggest tragedies was Gary Holt getting his main tempo of the damned Langner recapped and it forever changed the amp.

Here is Langner style modded Marshall in action:

I'm pretty sure Mike Fortin is familiar with Langner amp mods, I'd give him a crack at it without worry.
It's a fire hose. It's not an original but close. It's a shame there are so few of these left.

Damn that amp sounds REALLY good! Guitar too. Nice playing and recording too. Great job. Never heard that Gary Holt story before? My 74 needs some work and im afraid to let anyone touch it for the same reason. Start changing the smallest of things and you could lose the magic in the amp. Maybe im paranoid. :confused:

It's not modded... and I have played many modded Marshall and my 79 jmp with a cusac screamer is the best Marshall I have heard...

Voodoo Amps 1987x & TSL100 have been the best ones I've played. Would love to try a Fortin or Friedman...shameless plug, if anyones looking for one my Voodoo TSL is for sale on Reverb.

I have never played one but the best one I have ever heard was listed on here some years back.

I have searched and scoured Rig Talk trying to find it but had no luck. It was the most amazing and brutal Marshall that I have ever heard. I wish I bought it, I have no idea who did the mod or what model amp it was.

:(

I guess the best one I had was a cameron ocean but it failed on me a couple of times and I let it go. Wanted something reliable - that actually made me stop buying modded marshalls.

I still have a modded (slightly) 2203 but its very reliable.

I've owned a couple of variants. I loved my old Fortin Cali Modded JCM800. It was a beast! Right now I have a Henning Bottle Rocket and it is by far my favorite take on a hot rodded Marshall. I'll be posting a new video of it this week but I love mine.

Had a lot of modded Marshalls from all the big dog modders out there.
This was my personal favorite that I owned.
Like a fool traded it off. :doh:

Mailman1971":1puozbgr said:
That is one of the most badass clips i ever heard...I remember that one Nick did a while back.....Now that boy can shred :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

splawner":3ngpsrz7 said:
Mailman1971":3ngpsrz7 said:
That is one of the most badass clips i ever heard...I remember that one Nick did a while back.....Now that boy can shred :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Only downfall from that amp was I needed 100 watter and a loop.
This one was 50 with no loop. But god damn if it wasn't so damn killer.
I always wanted to get a 100 and send it to FJA. But I got into the modded Mesa stuff and haven't looked back.

bobbtoz":1z7o4gp6 said:
Cameron Jose Mod.

Pretty sure that belonged to my buddy a few years ago. 5 way knob on the back for five different levels of clipping, right? I had it in my possession for a few weeks and it's a cool amp. Had a ton of low end, but it was also really loose. I clean boosted it with an OD-9 and it tightened it up and sounded amazing.

Back