Diezel Paul clip (Neo Cream and 75w Cream)

Gsxrbusa

This isn't a scientific comparison at all but on one vid I used a Marshall JCM800 loaded with Celestion Neo Creambacks (60w)On the other vid I used a Diezel cab loaded with 75w (G12H-75) Creambacks.

Which do you guys prefer? I think they both sound great with this awesome amp. I have a favorite but I'll wait to see what you guys think.

I liked the 75s better especially for the heavy chugg rhythms... They hold together better. The 60s might be better for lead and lighter rhythm stuff.

Wizard of Ozz":60matvcp said:
I liked the 75s better especially for the heavy chugg rhythms... They hold together better. The 60s might be better for lead and lighter rhythm stuff.

I would agree. I think the 75 has the slight advantage for the Brootal stuff. The weight savings is amazing on the Neo. I can throw that 4X12 around like it's nothing. I believe they are 4.2lbs each.

Joeytpg":60matvcp said:
sounds mean. Care to make some clean channel clips too? :)

Thanks bro.

I can do that. Would you like to hear pristine clean or dirty? No FX or some chorus? I have to admit though I'm not much of a clean player. I'll do my best though.

MetalHeadMike":60matvcp said:
Wow...That's a Paul. Sounds like enough bass to knock down walls.

Mike, this amp is mean as hell. I wasn't sure what to expect until I plugged in and was blown away. Those vids are ch3. It's a lot like the D-Moll to me but more open, more upper mids. The amp cuts incredibly well. It may be marketed as more vintage but I wouldn't hesitate to use this amp for the most brutal downtuned stuff I could think of.

I've owned a Herbert and a D-Moll. Played a VH4 for a couple weeks. They are all fantastic in their own rights but this amp is more my style. I'm hoping to play a Hagen at NAMM to see if I need one of those. :LOL: :LOL:

FWIW I loaded Gold Lion KT77s in the power and all Ruby AC5HG and HG+

Thank you guys for checking out the clips.

Gsxrbusa":2dcnvmxa said:
Wizard of Ozz":2dcnvmxa said:

I would agree. I think the 75 has the slight advantage for the Brootal stuff. The weight savings is amazing on the Neo. I can throw that 4X12 around like it's nothing. I believe they are 4.2lbs each.

Joeytpg":2dcnvmxa said:

Thanks bro.

I can do that. Would you like to hear pristine clean or dirty? No FX or some chorus? I have to admit though I'm not much of a clean player. I'll do my best though.

MetalHeadMike":2dcnvmxa said:

Mike, this amp is mean as hell. I wasn't sure what to expect until I plugged in and was blown away. Those vids are ch3. It's a lot like the D-Moll to me but more open, more upper mids. The amp cuts incredibly well. It may be marketed as more vintage but I wouldn't hesitate to use this amp for the most brutal downtuned stuff I could think of.

I've owned a Herbert and a D-Moll. Played a VH4 for a couple weeks. They are all fantastic in their own rights but this amp is more my style. I'm hoping to play a Hagen at NAMM to see if I need one of those. :LOL: :LOL:

I agree with you. The Paul is like a brighter, more upper-mid focused D-Moll. I did like the D-Moll at first, but it proved to be too compressed/congested, dark, and had a weird harsh low-end that you can't dial out. It also had a neutered high-end. Not very musical for lack of a better descriptor. Very industrial/brewtal chug though.

Great Paul clip though! :thumbsup:

Wizard of Ozz":1ba3cscj said:
Gsxrbusa":1ba3cscj said:
Wizard of Ozz":1ba3cscj said:

Joeytpg":1ba3cscj said:

Thanks bro.

MetalHeadMike":1ba3cscj said:

I agree with you. The Paul is like a brighter, more upper-mid focused D-Moll. I did like the D-Moll at first, but it proved to be too compressed/congested, dark, and had a weird harsh low-end that you can't dial out. It also had a neutered high-end. Not very musical for lack of a better descriptor. Very industrial/brewtal chug though.

Great Paul clip though! :thumbsup:

Thank you sir!

thank you bro, I appreciate it. I think the Paul will be my next amp but I need make sure I really like the Clean channel since I live there 70% of the time. I don't ask much honestly, just pure clean, maybe play with the settings a bit here and there, some reverb and a bit of delay and if you can try with a single coil guitar in the neck position, but if you cannot it's also no problem. :)

I've heard the clean-breakup a lot, but I haven't heard the clean clean Paul clips that much. Olaf gave us a short clip that sounded tasty

thank you for that btw :)

I honestly liked the neos a bit more.
They seemed a touch smoother
The 75s + Paul have this grind going on that I don't miss in the neos.
The neos give the Paul this clear chainsaw like distortion, they seem more refined.

They both sound great!
Gotta try out the Paul!
Thanks

Joeytpg":9q31fidx said:
thank you bro, I appreciate it. I think the Paul will be my next amp but I need make sure I really like the Clean channel since I live there 70% of the time. I don't ask much honestly, just pure clean, maybe play with the settings a bit here and there, some reverb and a bit of delay and if you can try with a single coil guitar in the neck position, but if you cannot it's also no problem. :)

I've heard the clean-breakup a lot, but I haven't heard the clean clean Paul clips that much. Olaf gave us a short clip that sounded tasty

thank you for that btw :)

Cool, I'll see what I can do! :rock:

rickenbacker198":9q31fidx said:
I honestly liked the neos a bit more.
They seemed a touch smoother
The 75s + Paul have this grind going on that I don't miss in the neos.
The neos give the Paul this clear chainsaw like distortion, they seem more refined.

They both sound great!
Gotta try out the Paul!
Thanks

Thanks for the input bro! I wouldn't kick either one out of a cab at this point. I think both are keepers, just a slightly different flavor going on.

rickenbacker198":9q31fidx said:
Hey Gsxrbusa

How are you liking the GL KT77's vs the JJ's?

I love the GL. I've put them in every Diezel I have ever owned and also in all my KSR amps. I have given other power tubes a chance but I really like what the GL does to most amps.

The GLs are not as dark of a tube as the JJ. It also seems to add a certain mid quality I like. Not sure how to describe it. More aggressive? More bite? More crunch? Shit I don't know. What I do know is I prefer the GL over the JJ unless it's a Marshall. :)

Damn those are some nice clips - good work sir!

I have to say I thought the neo's would be lacking but they stay together pretty well considering, the 75's thought are as always brutal - love it :)

Keep up the good work! :rock:

That sounds mean! It seems really punchy to be just 45W.

I'm thinking about getting a Paul myself. I wonder how good it does for heavy stuff and this videos seem to prove it capable. One question though, what pickups are in the guitar used and how much gain was used on CH3? Can't tell from the video.

Also, do you prefer it to the JVM? The Satriani version is also tempting me since it's a lot cheaper, but I'd rather downsize to a Paul + vertical 212 :D

Back