NAD: Diezel D-Moll & Diezel 4x12

danburton

So on Friday I got to bring home a Diezel D-Moll (with a Diezel 4x12). Other than having a vague awareness that James Hetfield used a Vh4 for much of "St Anger" I wasnt really familiar with Diezel. Well, I visisted GC for some strings and maybe to look at a couple of used guitars and heard the thick, meaty sound of a real amp being cranked up. It sounded a bit unlike anything I knew of GC to carry so naturally I had to go check it out. And wow...I am glad I did. Once I got my turn to play, I more or less just turned around and handed over the credit card. It was THAT good.

A few questions, since I am new to the brand:

1. Is it pronounced like "dee-zel" or like "Diesel" (as in the fuel)?
2. What midi controller is everyone using with their Diezel's? Are there any that are better or worse?

I use an FX8 & it is awesome!
I did use a Joyo pxl live for awhile & that worked well with traditional pedals
Any midi controller should do it

That is an excellent question haha. It is a front loaded 4x12, black with a Diezel logo on it. I can upload a picture if that will help!

I say "diezel" like the fuel but with a Z instead of an S. Post pics of the 412, we can tell you if you have an older USA cab or a better German made cab. German cabs have silver piping, to start with.

Head and cab posted below.

Side question...is it possible to get the baddass looking black chasis with metal grill to replace the grey one that I have?

Attachments

• diezel.jpeg
    diezel.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1,979
Looks like a front-loaded 4X12 with salt-n-pepper grill. Could be V30s or GK100s. A pic of the back plate will confirm.

Nice looking combo any who. :rock:

PS: Not sure about the head box grill swap.

danburton":1udwm0ba said:
So on Friday I got to bring home a Diezel D-Moll (with a Diezel 4x12). Other than having a vague awareness that James Hetfield used a Vh4 for much of "St Anger" I wasnt really familiar with Diezel. Well, I visisted GC for some strings and maybe to look at a couple of used guitars and heard the thick, meaty sound of a real amp being cranked up. It sounded a bit unlike anything I knew of GC to carry so naturally I had to go check it out. And wow...I am glad I did. Once I got my turn to play, I more or less just turned around and handed over the credit card. It was THAT good.

A few questions, since I am new to the brand:

1. Is it pronounced like "dee-zel" or like "Diesel" (as in the fuel)?
2. What midi controller is everyone using with their Diezel's? Are there any that are better or worse?

Thank you so much :rock:

danburton":2fmisq72 said:
Head and cab posted below.

Side question...is it possible to get the baddass looking black chasis with metal grill to replace the grey one that I have?
Looks like a german cab with an odd ball early salt and pepper cloth. Give us a pic of the speaker jack plate.

Yes, you can pull the chassis out of the head shell and buy a new head shell from Diezel. It's probably not cheap though.

No...thank you! :)

Any idea what it would cost for me to get a new headshell? Id like black one with the metal grill.

Id be happy to return the grey one as part of the deal if thats important.

danburton":1g09yo8l said:

No...thank you! :)

Any idea what it would cost for me to get a new headshell? Id like black one with the metal grill.

Id be happy to return the grey one as part of the deal if thats important.

Please contact peterstapfer (at) diezelamplification (dot) com

Back