Ban political talk

I agree it is the worst part of this forum. Or at least make a sub forum for it that does not pop up everywhere you look.

Ban political talk? -

Nah, because people who involve themselves in that from a derogatory morally superior hyperpartisan point of view usually end up getting so butthurt by the blowback they get usually end up banning themselves anyway.

and nobody is forcing anybody to click on political threads.

I have no political affiliations, but starting a political thread on a guitar forum is sort of like talking about guitars & amps on a political forum, isn't it? I mean, what's the end result?

Oh, right, we all just saw that play out to it's logical conclusion. There are just better places/forums to do that than on a guitar/amp gear forum.

Yup. They get ugly. REALLY FAST. People start getting defensive in their own beliefs (rightfully so)...
Then the personal attacks begin. Seen it time after time after time.
I don't like politics. Or talking bout religion.
I don't make or take away these sub forums.
But you can damn near bet nothing good comes from these threads.

It's an "Off Topic" section. That means anything not music related. If politics are banned in the OT section, what would happen if Marshall posts were banned in other sections? (Although I personally have no love for Marshall products I do not object to the discussion of said products!) Instead of banning politics, how about just not reading the posts or responding to them? Especially responding to troll posts! They should go away quickly.

Yup. Firm believer in freedom of speach.
If it's in a off main road section.
Go ahead and discuss. :thumbsup:
But discuss usually ends in 'disgust'
People bitched about me not 'taking care of this!!'
But I really do like to read the posts. Watch it as it unfolds.
Sorry folks. I am still just a member here like you guys and have my opinions.
Mod or not. Just a normal guy. Not everyone thinks the same. My opinions thoughts are going to be different the the next joe shit the rag man. :yes:

From a freedom of speech standpoint, I know why it's important. From a personal standpoint, its annoying AF. Go to another forum. I'm here to talk about how much money I'm gonna waste on not becoming a better guitar player :LOL: :LOL:

o.t. is o.t.-what's the problem? if we modded the fuck out of this place people would bitch. if someone is a dick 99% of the time-YOU guys handle it yourselves.

I don't care if you want to talk about lighting candles out of Mickey Mouses ass at Disney world.
I am sure people will reply.
But if you "think"... have a "instinct" ... or just a 'hint" ....
you wanna respond.... go for it. Its your belief and freedom of speech! :thumbsup:
When you stir up a bees hive.... and the bees come out ...
might be too late to say "Stop.... I was messing around..."
Time to stand ground and back it up.
Just saying....

crankyrayhanky":2a58vn0n said:
Here ye here ye! Ban posts that promote banning threads!

...crap I may have inadvertently just banned myself
Not banned..... but being monitored heavily.
VERY HEAVILY... :gethim:

I'm not a fan of banning things in general. It's already in off topic. If someone gets nasty, then it's on them and the moderators to handle it. An easy solution is to just stay out of those conversations if it bothers you too much. I do. I might read through some from time to time, but I'm fully aware that no one, no matter what side they're on, is ever going to change someone's mind about a political stance on a forum.

Back