Hagen high pitch noise -SOLVED-

SaulGoodman

Hello

I have a little problem with my Hagen

There ist some kind of high pitch noise going on all the time, i recorded it so you can hear it for yourself.
It is apparent on all four channels, it gets louder with increasing volume and gain and here comes a weird one its only present when a guitar is plugged in.

I got it new from bad steben, the amp is no 2 months old and Peter said it was impeccable, as he sent it to me, so my conclussion is that this must have happened during the shipping via DHL

What i tried so far: changed my guitar cable, speaker cable, guitar, all of the preamp tubes, turned off my furman, my wlan, my radio, my cellphone. Plugged in from a preamp (an overdrive pedal) into the poweramp, there was no noise, so i think its in the preamp.

I already contacted Peter, he said i should ship the amp back to him. I will do so eventually, if the problem is still apparent, but i wanted to hear from you guys, maybe you know something useful or had that issue before.

I have a rehearsal tommorow, i will test it there, maybe its some weird ac issue in my house.

in the recorded file, i switch from the 4th channel to 3rd, 2nd 1st and back up to the 4th, as i mute the amp, the noise disappears.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10915767/1.mp3

Thanks in advance for your replies
Grigoriy

I already replied your emails and said please send the amp to Bad Steben.
Btw, the chassis is brand new and worked flawlessly on my workbench.
I would suggest to send the amp or stop by in Bad Steben.

Cheers,
Peter

Hi Guys,
had my rehearsal today, false alarm, there was no noise, it must be something at my place with the electricity, like a dishwasher or something my neighbors have that must cause the interference, no idea. the amp is flawless however.

Good evening and enjoy your diezels !
Thanks for your great support, Peter !

Grigoriy

Back