NAMM 2017

Gutmann":n4lt8vty said:
Vin Diezel":n4lt8vty said:
That VH2 seems great. I wish it had a few more channels, though. And MIDI. :poke:

:LOL: :LOL:

But really, the VH2 is a winner in my opinion! The perfect distortion along with a really beautiful cleanchannel.

For me the big Max is a dream, probably together with the VH4 Pedal this is all I want. I am a big fan of single channel amps and 50W, one Loop, pedalfriendly is perfect for me.
Peter - Peter said it will be ready for serial production within a a few weeks, is that true?

And will there be both versions of the vh4 pedal in the future?

Sorry for the many questions but that stuff you showed is really exciting!

The VH2 and Big MaX should be available in March. Don´t know about the other VH4 pedal.

Sorry Peter, I meant if you keep both versions of the pedal or does the new one replace the oder version?

And by the way, Peter Stapfer does a great job when demoing amps!

Great additions Peter! The VH2 will probably really take off where the little fokker left off. Smart move IMHO, expanding off of your most popular (and iconic at this point) amp, it will appeal to a new financial bracket that can't afford a VH4, but want that iconic CH3 and a VH "something" amp of their own.

Big Max looks VERY interesting. What I find very interesting is the low/hi inputs, probably done to give the amp more range on gain with the single channel.. My guess is that it can really clean up, yet dirty up all the way into metal gain. A guy could get creative with an ABY pedal and could damn near make it into a "2ch" amp that way.

I've always had an idea to build a smaller "lunchbox" dual amp stereo rig like what is in my avatar, for ease of portability. I've never bothered because Peter has never built an amp remotely close to a "lunchbox" amp. Big Max could be my answer. Run it in stereo with a little ENGL, or one of the little Mesas.

Peter Diezel":1wfzicif said:
That´s the next step. I already have the design for that 20 watt amp.
Thank you so much for the kind words.

I would be very interested in that, waiting for that already :rock:

Zoso1973":2loktpx4 said:
Big max was awesome. I will definitely buy one!
Details?

I was just guessing obviously about what it could sound like, having the low/hi inputs.

moltenmetalburn":3u390uo1 said:
https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/25248-namm-17---diezel-big-max-vh4-pedal-vh2-demos
Just watched this. Sounds like yes, Big Max with the dual inputs will allow a person to go from clean to metal. Great! When Peter maxed the gain, it sounds like the Hagen to me. It's not as compressed yet is similar to when he played through ch2 of the VH2.

RJF":1hvdhkmq said:
moltenmetalburn":1hvdhkmq said:
https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/25248-namm-17---diezel-big-max-vh4-pedal-vh2-demos
Just watched this. Sounds like yes, Big Max with the dual inputs will allow a person to go from clean to metal. Great! When Peter maxed the gain, it sounds like the Hagen to me. It's not as compressed yet is similar to when he played through ch2 of the VH2.

Agreed I hear my Hagen in there, less headroom but similar in this clip.

Peter Diezel":2fg9y9on said:
The VH2 and Big MaX should be available in March. Don´t know about the other VH4 pedal.

I was planning on picking up the VH4 pedal but now I have to wait for the new one! The new pedal layout is great! Thank you Peter, I hope it'll be available soon.

Blueface version of the new pedal please?

Also, is there any difference in the new pedal besides the extra channel?

Haha, Peter, that is the solution when you need some quick cash, a limited version of the pedal with a blue laquered housing...

Nonetheless, honestly Peter - the vh4 pedal ist one of the very best designs of a pedal ever!

Peter, ein großer Wurf, diese 2 Amps!
Der Big Max beeindruckt mich sehr. Ist die Endstufe identisch wie die vom Paul?

Gutmann":11jc9nnh said:
Haha, Peter, that is the solution when you need some quick cash, a limited version of the pedal with a blue laquered housing...

Nonetheless, honestly Peter - the vh4 pedal ist one of the very best designs of a pedal ever!

Thank you so much !

Met Peter at Namm. Such a nice/cool guy!

I really wish Diezel had a soundproof booth so I could crank a couple amps. :aww:

It was still great to hang out for a few though. Good times. :rock:

Back