Ban political talk

It is banned on most forums.... Same with religion.

Why anyone would care about talking about this crap is beyond me ? Other than they enjoy being offended or like arguments about things they have zero control over.

people take someone else's opinion as a personal attack. i'm guilty of it. it always degenerates. always. you can take the most rabid two, fighting on here-set them down face to face, and I guarantee they would be laughing, joking, drinking and have a blast. get behind a keyboard and it's ww3. maybe i'm wrong....not my decision to make.

[No message]

Attachments

• toughguy.jpg
    toughguy.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 7,255
Just ban the dudes that constantly post political stuff...some of these guys don't post anything other than political stuff actually, or even contribute to other people's non political posts... just saying..

Thing is politics and religion are a huge part of everyday life.
Effects some more then others. I see it as a place to vent rather then kicking the wife and fucking the dog. :LOL: :LOL:
It does get out of hand. Even me and my best friend who is my drummer. Known him 40 years.
We get pretty heated talking bout this shit face to face.
Always swear not to talk about it. But again.... it part of life and it gets personal.
Can't stop it.
Yeah we can smash the ban hammer. But it's never going to stop.

Political talk wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't as immature as it is on this forum. Literally always just degenerates into people screaming at each other here.

Eventually someone posts some hawt gurlz though so it all balances out.

I love it.

I always learn something, and it's great to be able to go to a gear forum with a bit o' action on the side. Some audio forums have become so damned sterile it kills me.

As some have said - it's labelled OffTopic Central, and nobody's forced to go there.

One thing 'though, I completely understand that some would prefer "view active topics" or whatever to not show updates from OTC. I wonder if the board software allows a user-designated filter as to which subforms show up there to be set. Not likely, I know...

Monkey Man":27bs7vb8 said:
I love it.

One thing 'though, I completely understand that some would prefer "view active topics" or whatever to not show updates from OTC. I wonder if the board software allows a user-designated filter as to which subforms show up there to be set. Not likely, I know...

Of course it's possible, probably a simple fix too, but it may require some coding which is probably beyond the technical abilities of our mods (no offense, unless one of you is a programmer, in which case get on it!).

I don't even talk religion/politics with my friends, last place I wanna do/read it is on a god damned guitar forum

xzyryabx":zdet8oao said:
Monkey Man":zdet8oao said:
I love it.

Of course it's possible, probably a simple fix too, but it may require some coding which is probably beyond the technical abilities of our mods (no offense, unless one of you is a programmer, in which case get on it!).

I don't even talk religion/politics with my friends, last place I wanna do/read it is on a god damned guitar forum

we are very limited on what we can do. nothing like that at all. i'm a prison guard, not a programmer...

JackBootedThug":4i6w41zc said:
xzyryabx":4i6w41zc said:
Monkey Man":4i6w41zc said:
I love it.

we are very limited on what we can do. nothing like that at all. i'm a prison guard, not a programmer...

I guess you can apply some of the prison guard kung fu then so that people don't spark these discussions... it's like a riot, right? :LOL: :LOL: where at the end, someone simply wanted to fuck someone else in the ass instead of having a good conversation...

the problem with these political topics is that they never ever wish to get other people's opinions, they are simply there to talk about themselves and how they feel, so if 20 people who want to express how they feel join a post like that, it's a fucking avalanche

K-Roll":2r5aih05 said:
the problem with these political topics is that they never ever wish to get other people's opinions, they are simply there to talk about themselves and how they feel, so if 20 people who want to express how they feel join a post like that, it's a fucking avalanche

That actually seems to be a problem with most threads here ha!

Isn't there an EULA specification that the PHPBB software can't be tampered with, meaning that the exclusion of the OT forum from notifications can't be programmed into it and only implemented if it's an existing option?

Back