Just purchased a Einstein 50 Watt combo

Diezels have a unique voice , you'll probably love it but there's no telling.. it's so personal..

What amp do you play right now?
What bands / albums do you like?

Right now I have a MC25 which I really do Love but I am moving a couple states north soon so I'm trying to condense my rig. Looking for something that can do clean post rock stuff all the way to high on fire, Converge, Heavy rock. Not a 7 string metal player but Def on the heavier side of things !

It can do all that but at 50 watts expect a little less girth though diezel are FAT and dont expect over the the top saturated gring but yes it will do thrash with aplomb.

The caveats are the limited switching and whether or not you like the darker NON MARSHALL voicing.

I love my 100 watter.

Dylheaven27":34rkj497 said:
Right now I have a MC25 which I really do Love but I am moving a couple states north soon so I'm trying to condense my rig. Looking for something that can do clean post rock stuff all the way to high on fire, Converge, Heavy rock. Not a 7 string metal player but Def on the heavier side of things !

This is a wizard mc25?
I had a mc100 for a while.
Wizards are great amps as well.
Really apples and oranges compared to Diezels.
They're on opposite ends of the spectrum in regards to compression.
Neither of them is fizzy.
Diezels have more gain yet the amps response is controllable.
The MC is more unwieldy.

Personally I think Diezels are more modern sounding, more versatile,
also much better sounding at low volumes.
I found the Wizard MC great for Marshall voiced clean to classic rock.
Diezels have their own sound , different from a Marshall but still related , for me better.

Hope these random thoughts help.
Do let us know what you think.

Your lucky

End of this year ill have a budget again. Im thinking to wait and score a schmidt or a einstein.

I have a Herbert and love it. These last couple of years i have been playing more and more clean. So im thinking Schmidt would be perfect for me.
The Einstein will give you an amazing clean channel, singing lead tone and a gritty and if you want a crushing rythem tone.

Enjoy the amp!

shadow070":26goes1y said:
Your lucky

End of this year ill have a budget again. Im thinking to wait and score a schmidt or a einstein.

I have a Herbert and love it. These last couple of years i have been playing more and more clean. So im thinking Schmidt would be perfect for me.
The Einstein will give you an amazing clean channel, singing lead tone and a gritty and if you want a crushing rythem tone.

Enjoy the amp!

When you want a good cleansound you should also check out the new Big maX and the Paul.
But the Schmidt is a great amp too, it has a tiny bit of a voxish thing going on.

Got the combo home today. 1st impression just through the 1x12 with a v30 was so so.. then I plugged it into my Wizard 4x12 with g12m greenies, Woah the amp came alive. Killer clean channel with lush reverb. Channel 1 mode 2 awesome light to mid breakup. Mode 3 Awesome Jcm-800 tones. Channel 2 is all the gain someone would want. Really stunning amp can't believe I haven't tried a Diezel until now.

:rock:

Need some opinions I love the diezel so far really digging the tones I can get out of it. But the reverb has stopped working on me. And I will probably have to have a custom headshell built for me. After all those repairs I'm probably looking at 400$ do I keep the Einstein or return it and spend the extra $ on a D-moll ?

Dylheaven27":3e4knw3a said:
Need some opinions I love the diezel so far really digging the tones I can get out of it. But the reverb has stopped working on me. And I will probably have to have a custom headshell built for me. After all those repairs I'm probably looking at 400$ do I keep the Einstein or return it and spend the extra $ on a D-moll ?

They dont sound the same. I own both.

Dylheaven27":3ocp8y08 said:
whats the big differences ? i pretty much live on channel 1 mode 3 if that helps !

Thanks for the info ! :rock:

Ok that mode is like channel 2 on dmoll. Those two are similar. Dmoll has more and fuzzier low mids. More saturation. Slightly tighter feel. I go for einstein when I want more vintage or more clear. Similar to the vh4 hagen differences.

So if you could save the Einstein or the d-moll HAHA I just don't want to loose the diezel take on marshall all the clips I've heard of the d- moll sound really nice. so its a hard decision.

Totally off topic does anyone know what the reverb tube is and position? I am getting nothing from the reverb on either channel hoping its just a tube.

Thanks

Back