HAVING A HAGEN, MAKES SENSE TO BUY THE NEW VH4 PEDAL?

tzirfigu

Hi all.

I have a Hagen (wich I love) but Im considering getting the new VH4 pedal. Do you think the pedal will overlap to my Hagens channel 3?

Thanks!

The VH4 pedal is awesome!!!
Haven't actually tried it with my Hagen.

Takes ANY clean amp into VH4 territory...
If you want to be able to have more tonal options, it's like adding another channel.
Great controls on the pedal as well.
Cool pedal for "that" sound :rock:

Im sure w/ some proper setting up,it'd be a great addition to the hagen.Im running my vh4 pedal into a 1966 Princeton reverb of all things and its absolutely amazing sounding.

It's up to you. Two ways to look at it. You probably own the closest sounding amp that exists to the VH4. (The VH2 isn't technically out yet). So, you aren't gaining a whole lot really. But, on the other hand you also have an amp with a nearly identical power section to a VH4, so your Hagen with the preamp bypassed and the VH4 pedal probably sounds as close to an actual VH4 as one can get.

I personally would pass. I've owned the Hagen/Herbert/VH4 all at the same time playing them all back to back through the same cab. The VH4 and Hagen are not that far off one another, VH4 is just a bit brighter and a bit more aggressive. I'm also not a pedal guy. I'd rather just buy the amp, rather than buying something that emulates said amp. But, a lot of people like pedals so my opinion isn't worth much. Good luck.

Thanks all for the input!!

Yeah, for what I hear in youtube there is not that much difference between both amps third channel, just wanted to have direct experience opinions.

Back