Diezel VH4 Head and 4x12 Cab on Reverb

RJF":1xiqnvac said:
sorcerscore":1xiqnvac said:
RJF":1xiqnvac said:
sorcerscore":1xiqnvac said:
what's so bad about eminence speakers? so many people hating on them.
Maybe because they don't sound good? :LOL: :LOL:

they do sound good...people are just hating to sound like gear head purists.
Coming from the guy that doesn't even know the difference between a front and rear load design. :D

I'm sorry your stuff didn't sell, or at least sell for the price you wanted. Those speakers.... are a considerable turn off for a lot of buyers and for a substantial reason. If you ever get the chance, swap in some good Mesa V30's into that cab and you will then understand what everyone says here.

ok fair enough...i appreciate the comment, except the jab in the first line but it's cool i'm not as in tune with gear as most in all fairness so i deserved that one.
i'd like to pick your brain on this since you seem to know what's up...i'm trying to sell my 4x12 cab with the emminence speakers in it. how much would you say the 4x12 cab is worth? it's in a custom live in encore case that was close to a grand and i'm asking $1300 OBO. i'm open to reasonable offers. what do you think it's worth? again...i do appreciate the info.

I don't really know much about road cases, but I will say it seems like I've seen live in cab cases for a couple hundred bucks in decent to good condition.

For the cab, I personally don't think it's worth much over $550. But with all fairness even if it had all V30's I don't think it would be worth more than about $650-675. As I mentioned back when this thread was new, I sold the SAME EXACT cab that had an X of those oem speakers and Mesa V30's for $650. I also had to drive 100 miles to deliver it to the buyer for that price too. The last German newer style cab I bought I paid $700 for a Diezel 412 front load with an X of V30's/K100's and those cabs are much more sought after than the older USA made cabs.

Where the problem comes in with these USA cabs is that if you have a buyer that just wants a good quality cab, the competition is Mesa, Marshall, VHT, Framus, Orange, even Bogner cabs all selling in that $350-600 range. Now, if you find a Diezel purist that wants a Diezel cab specifically, there is a good chance he's looking for the newer German built cabs and is likely not interested in a USA cab, unless the price is cheap enough of course.

Just my opinion and good luck my friend.

RJF":gw0zrrka said:
I don't really know much about road cases, but I will say it seems like I've seen live in cab cases for a couple hundred bucks in decent to good condition.

For the cab, I personally don't think it's worth much over $550. But with all fairness even if it had all V30's I don't think it would be worth more than about $650-675. As I mentioned back when this thread was new, I sold the SAME EXACT cab that had an X of those oem speakers and Mesa V30's for $650. I also had to drive 100 miles to deliver it to the buyer for that price too. The last German newer style cab I bought I paid $700 for a Diezel 412 front load with an X of V30's/K100's and those cabs are much more sought after than the older USA made cabs.

Where the problem comes in with these USA cabs is that if you have a buyer that just wants a good quality cab, the competition is Mesa, Marshall, VHT, Framus, Orange, even Bogner cabs all selling in that $350-600 range. Now, if you find a Diezel purist that wants a Diezel cab specifically, there is a good chance he's looking for the newer German built cabs and is likely not interested in a USA cab, unless the price is cheap enough of course.

Just my opinion and good luck my friend.

thank you for the info! i reduced the price accordingly. i totally understand there's lots of competition out there so i'm hoping my reduced price and the fact that it's in a pretty badass touring case helps get it sold.
thanks again for taking the time out, much appreciated! :thumbsup:

Back