VH4 Midi Latency

heliocentric

Hello, this is my first post.

Is there an elegant solution to handle the VH4's midi latency? i really love the tone of it, but that 0.1s when switching channels is really annoing... Im not shure if its a fade in/ fade out, or just the latency of the inbuilt midi component. :confused: my gear is switching instantly with other Amps(Boss ES-8)
cheers

is the amp the first piece of gear from you switcher? has to do with the particular amp / switcher signal strength. i use a Voodoo ground control direct to the amp with no problem. if you haven't done so, try the amp first in line from the switcher.

the VH4 is the only Midi device i control with it. Yesterday i recieved the answer from the Diezel Support (Peter) he said that 20-40ms is normal. but mine got 100-200ms.
maybe i have to experiment with other midi boards to reduce the latency, but i dont think the issue is caused by the midi board...

steve_k":3kgnvlbr said:
is the amp the first piece of gear from you switcher? has to do with the particular amp / switcher signal strength. i use a Voodoo ground control direct to the amp with no problem. if you haven't done so, try the amp first in line from the switcher.

I never had any problems with the one I owned about 15 years ago, and I used a Rocktron Midi-mate and a Ground Control later on.

Ok, now i tested it with different midi Pedals and its clearly the VH4 switching late. i also tried a Revv generator 120 and noticed that probably all midi switched High-Gain amps have this latency (maybe the relay inertia)

So i have to swap the VH4 for a Jack controlled Head to avoid Midi :.(

Thx for the answers anyway.

cheers

I had a latency issue with my VH4 when I owned one 10 years ago. Fortunately my Hagen has no issues.

Back