Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

While going through all the info a fellow member offered me a 2010/12 era German made 4x12 so I jumped on it. I've already bought one in the past that was claimed to be German made but infact was not so I was not gonna pass up the opportunity to get a real one. Will it make a difference.... don't know. I just preferred to have it paired with a German made amp.

Thank you guys for the input. As usually most things got cleared up on what seems to be a foggy issue.
Thanks RT!!

I bought a rear loaded 4x12 last week, i got it from brand new in a diezel box unplayed from guitar center online and it arrived a week ago.
Overall its a nice cab and heavier and more solid than the old nyc diezel cab that i owned.
I notice it says assembled in the usa instead of made in germany, i also was kinda confused because i didnt know the newer cabs was made in the usa. The speakers are chinese v30.

Les Zombie":5295p2l4 said:
I bought a rear loaded 4x12 last week, i got it from brand new in a diezel box unplayed from guitar center online and it arrived a week ago.
Overall its a nice cab and heavier and more solid than the old nyc diezel cab that i owned.
I notice it says assembled in the usa instead of made in germany, i also was kinda confused because i didnt know the newer cabs was made in the usa. The speakers are chinese v30.

Cool. I just got a new front loaded 4X12 today. Same jack-plate as yours Tom. Made in USA from BAD. I'll post up some pics later. It does feel a bit heavier than my old USA frontload from the early 2000s.

Later in the year im gonna buy another and it will be front loaded.
I dont know which speakers i would get in it. Im kinda iffy on k-100 speakers because i wasnt inlove with them in my old splawn cab but i seen alot of guys really like them, so i dont know if i should give them another shot.

Les Zombie":zl2oy0ty said:
Later in the year im gonna buy another and it will be front loaded.
I dont know which speakers i would get in it. Im kinda iffy on k-100 speakers because i wasnt inlove with them in my old splawn cab but i seen alot of guys really like them, so i dont know if i should give them another shot.

Yeah... I'm kinda meh on K100s. I was going to get a 2nd 4x12 with them or 2 K100s and 2 V30s... but I'm still thinking about it. Never was a huge fan. These 4x12s do seem really well made though. And I love the fact that they are 16 ohm mono. I like as much brightness, high mids that I can get... much preferred to 8 ohm mono speaker set... which always sounds a bit darker to me.

Got my German made cab and right out of the box it looks a tad smaller to me. I looked up the dimensions and yep mine is smaller. My Herbert sticks out over the edges

Online: 29.3 X 29.3 X 14.37
Mine: 29 X 29 X 14 1/4 (and this is from metal cab corner to metal cab corner. Lol I'm trying to stretch it)

Mine is supposed to be 2010/2014 ?

Is this normal based upon some other German made cabs out there??

tonesfoyobones":1mov313o said:
Got my German made cab and right out of the box it looks a tad smaller to me. I looked up the dimensions and yep mine is smaller. My Herbert sticks out over the edges

Online: 29.3 X 29.3 X 14.37
Mine: 29 X 29 X 14 1/4 (and this is from metal cab corner to metal cab corner. Lol I'm trying to stretch it)

Mine is supposed to be 2010/2014 ?

Is this normal based upon some other German made cabs out there??

My German Diezel FL 412 is also a tiny bit narrower than
my Herbert, always wondered about that.

Attachments

• IMG_3923.JPG
    IMG_3923.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,206
Back