-which DIEZEL is the most raw, unpolished sounding-

I havent played Schmidt, vh2, Paul, Max or Dmoll.

Out of Fokker, herbie, hagen, einey, vh4 Id say Einey.

Einstein. Been playing them against each other again. NONE are the typical marshall rae but Einstein seems the most raw, ipen and vintage sounding.

Also pay attention to model years. Older models of many of the original amps are darker.

I often ran the VH4 with the depth knob almost completely down and the presence knob around noon or higher. Obviously didn't sound like a Marshall but that way the amp had a good amount of "bark" and seemed to open up a bit. Didn't have as much thump of course.

cardinal":2cs4ipxi said:
I often ran the VH4 with the depth knob almost completely down and the presence knob around noon or higher. Obviously didn't sound like a Marshall but that way the amp had a good amount of "bark" and seemed to open up a bit. Didn't have as much thump of course.

I like to keep my depth around 10:00 and the presence around 2:00 on my VH4... add more volume and pick harder if you need more chunk. Works just fine too.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

^ cool! Even with the depth off, the VH4 has more low end than something like my JCM 800. So there's definitely still plenty of thump and chunk. And yeah, as long as the gain is at a reasonable level, the VH4 is very responsive to pick attack.

That amp really is a masterpiece IMHO. Tone. Features. Flexibility. Durability. Yet somehow very simple and easy to use.

Out of the two I own (DMoll and Paul) I would say the Paul is the more "Raw" sounding, but in my collection, Diezel isnt where I usually go when Im looking for
"raw". I LOVE both the DMoll and Paul, but what I love is their polish and clarity.

Back