Great Deal on a Fokker (?) - Updated

Rising Farce

I just scored a Fokker off of Reverb for $1300. Is this as good a deal as I'm thinking it is, or have these things been bitten exceptionally hard by the depreciation bug?

Mmm, not real sure, but they were only $2499 new IIRC. Still though if it's in mint shape that's only like 55% of new cost which is a pretty decent deal IMHO.

Yes good deal. They ran between $1500-1800 trade value.

Cheapest I ever got a diezel was $1300, (einstein) as well but yours is the first Ive seen at that price since then.

Fokker has poor online reviews (most havent played the amp) and is replaced by the VH2.

Fokker was first attempt at v4 sound, ch2 is the revision. Many are dumping to get the "better" vh2.

if you love it you win. My first einy cost me $2200, played it for three years and then sold it for $2300. Four years laster I wanted it again, got it for $1300 because Dmoll was released. I have both dmoll and einstein there is almost no overlap between the two. One does not replace the other however perceived value changed...

Peter told me Fokker has a different tranny and sounds a bit closer to Hagen. VH2 has the vh4 transformer and the metal grill. That's about it.
I'm really happy with mine and would not give it away.

Good deal. Not surprised though in today's market. It's a buyer's market. Their are some still trying to get $2000 for their used Fokkers. Those sellers need to wake up and smell the coffee. I've seen lots of used high-end amps going for 20-30% less today vs 2 years ago. If anyone bought amps for invest purposes... prepare to take a bath.

Looking forward to some clips. I always like your clips. :rock: :thumbsup:

Wizard of Ozz":20jnobq4 said:
Good deal. Not surprised though in today's market. It's a buyer's market. Their are some still trying to get $2000 for their used Fokkers. Those sellers need to wake up and smell the coffee. I've seen lots of used high-end amps going for 20-30% less today vs 2 years ago. If anyone bought amps for invest purposes... prepare to take a bath.

Looking forward to some clips. I always like your clips. :rock: :thumbsup:

Thank you, sir. I'll try to throw something together when it gets here. :rock:

Vin Diezel":29coyuia said:
Peter told me Fokker has a different tranny and sounds a bit closer to Hagen. VH2 has the vh4 transformer and the metal grill. That's about it.
I'm really happy with mine and would not give it away.
Interesting. Fokker was NOTHING like Hagen when AB'd...

He should know, I guess. :D
I haven't ABd them, though. Did you use the same cab?
There are people who played Herbert and vh4 through the same cab and after a while they could not tell anymore which one was on. ;)

Vin Diezel":2mrlzxu0 said:
He should know, I guess. :D
I haven't ABd them, though. Did you use the same cab?
There are people who played Herbert and vh4 through the same cab and after a while they could not tell anymore which one was on. ;)

Yes same cab. So odd. Night and day. Maybe not circuit wise...

If the difference was so drastic, what was it?
(To be precise: Peter never stated that Fokker sounded like Hagen. He said it sounded closer to Hagen than to vh4.)

Vin Diezel":3iin52xx said:
(To be precise: Peter never stated that Fokker sounded like Hagen. He said it sounded closer to Hagen than to vh4.)

Ohhh.

Hagen is thick, chewy and smooth. Corpulent.

Fokker is thinner, sharper, cuts more, can be fuzzier.

Vin Diezel":1q539uxe said:

Well I know the Hagen and Fokker use the same transformers... so maybe that's what he was referring to. The VH4 uses different style laydown PT/OT. Some said the Fokker was the VH4 channel 3... but I never heard that tone. It was its own animal.

moltenmetalburn":g1xg85tm said:
Vin Diezel":g1xg85tm said:

Ohhh.

Never played the Fokker... but I'm with you on the Hagen. It's more open, less compressed, not as tight a bottom end, more and different mid voicing, not as hard a sound or feel when playing as a VH4 or Herbert. Not as agressive or evil sounding either. I liked channel 2 oddly the best in the Hagen. Really versatile and great for Marshally classic rock tones. Best for hard, modern or classic rock IMHO.

Wizard of Ozz":1h3n6ff8 said:
Vin Diezel":1h3n6ff8 said:

Well I know the Hagen and Fokker use the same transformers... so maybe that's what he was referring to. The VH4 uses different style laydown PT/OT. Some said the Fokker was the VH4 channel 3... but I never heard that tone. It was its own animal.

Well, there you have it. VH4 circuit + Hagen transformer. :LOL: :LOL: Does not sound like either.

moltenmetalburn":3o6x5n1v said:
Vin Diezel":3o6x5n1v said:

Ohhh.

I see.

Back