Cab to match Diezel Herbert

Econ

Hi folks,

I have decided to purchase a Diezel Herbert and would like to know if its imperative that I get a 4x12 cab or if a 2x12 will suffice. i plan to use the amp at home and one of the reasons I'm getting the Herbert is because of its great master volume and ability to produce great tones at low volume levels.

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

When I owned a Herbert, I thought my 2x12 G12K-100 loaded cab was an awesome match. Those speakers fit that amp really really well.

Please excuse my ignorance, but was that the front loaded or rear loaded version?

Wizard of Ozz":6dmp4dtw said:
Get a front-loaded V30 Diezel 4X12. Peter Diezel's favorite... and mine.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, you can't go wrong with V30's. The Herbert has HUGE low end. Diezel cabs are awesome, but if you can't get one or afford one, then Splawn cabs are killer at about 1/2 the price. They have a similar build quality.

Do what I did get a k100 cab and a v30 cab. The Diezel front loads have a baffle that is like nothing out there, and are super tight.
It was crucial to have mine front loaded, rear loaded sounds good too, I have a few. But the fl and Herbert are like PB and J. Best of both worlds. K100 thump like nothing else. V30 are standard and what diezels are tuned through.

I played a Diezel fl 212 k100 and Diezel fl k100 412 side by side.
The 412 sounded night and day better. Lowend was massive. More spread out soundscape, mids/highs were cutting. The 212 sounded like a toy next to it. huge difference to me
They aren't that much difference in size either

Mesa Traditional. The oversized ones are way too boomy.

14362564_10154105008314087_4278256469015109077_o.jpg

Diezel pairs well with a diezel, unless you have space restrictions or can't turn the amp up anyway get a 4x12... if either of those apply a 2x12 is fine. I've ran mine through MANY different cabs over the years and have been very loyal to the brand. I assure you as long as the build quality is right and you don't stray too far from V30's or a mix of them with whatever else you will get a great sound. Even with an over sized recto cab. They're adaptable just adjust the powersection controls to taste.

Short list of cabs that work great are:

1)Diezel/Bogner
2)Orange
3)Engl xxl pro
4)Mesa

These are my favorites in order ...the bogner is seriously good just have to lower the depth.

LunatiBSW":3usi01ys said:
Do what I did get a k100 cab and a v30 cab. The Diezel front loads have a baffle that is like nothing out there, and are super tight.
It was crucial to have mine front loaded, rear loaded sounds good too, I have a few. But the fl and Herbert are like PB and J. Best of both worlds. K100 thump like nothing else. V30 are standard and what diezels are tuned through.

THIS :thumbsup:

Full stack of Diezel cabs, K100 AND V30 loaded...I prefer the K100's on top with V30's on the bottom :rock: :rock:

Back