Paul Speaker choice?

Crash-VR

I just got a Paul and I love it. I'm currently plugging it into a Suhr PTSig cab with a pair of Greenbacks.
I also have one V30, 2 M65 Creambacks and 2 H75 Creambacks has anyone experimented with these speakers? Thanks!

Well, I pesonally would probably be happy with standard greenbacks, maybe a mix with the V30.

But you have the amp, you have the speakers - in your position I would compare them all and share the knowledge here ;)

Gutmann":gjy6tub5 said:
Well, I pesonally would probably be happy with standard greenbacks, maybe a mix with the V30.

But you have the amp, you have the speakers - in your position I would compare them all and share the knowledge here ;)

I guess I am... I was just hoping to get it right the first time. I'll probably start with a Greenback V30 mix...

I've used several Celestion, Eminence, Jensen, and Weber. So far, the best sound I've gotten has been from my Weber Alnico Silver Bell 75w. It balances very well with the Paul. Eminence speakers like the Governor and Wizard sound good with the Paul, but not the boomier or mid-scooped speakers in the Eminence line such as the Swamp Thang or Man'o'War. The Jensen Jet Nighthawk is awesome and well worth checking out.

Crash-VR":2eqwetea said:
I just got a Paul and I love it. I'm currently plugging it into a Suhr PTSig cab with a pair of Greenbacks.
I also have one V30, 2 M65 Creambacks and 2 H75 Creambacks has anyone experimented with these speakers? Thanks!

Congrats on the Paul. Great amp. I've plugged the Paul into the PT sig cab with 2 H75 creambacks more than once, and that does not work for me at all. Way too boomy, not just with the Paul, but with my JCM 800 and other amps as well. Not sure how much of it is due to the cab vs the speakers, or the combination of both. I do really like that Suhr cab with those H75 speakers for clean tones or mild break up type stuff with single coils, but once you get above AC/DC level gain with humbuckers, it just doesn't work for me at all.

I think the Paul sounds incredible with a mix of V30s and G12H30 70th anny speakers. Definitely give that a try if you can.

And since we're talking about the Paul, try this: Channel 2, with gain at 9'oclock, presence all the way up, treble and middle at noon, bass set to taste. Channel and master volumes above noon. Sounds amazing set like this!

Back