Herbert Mini

I'm all in if it is a 1 Watt recording amp that is small, lightweight, cheaper and sounds like a real amp.
I still do not get what a 25w amp should really do for a bedroom player.

Vin Diezel":2be6hmnh said:
I'm all in if it is a 1 Watt recording amp that is small, lightweight, cheaper and sounds like a real amp.

How many have you checked out? Try a Marshall 2525, Bogner Atma, Soldano Hot Rod 25, or Fargen Mini Plex. Ever play a Marshall SL-5? The SL-5 was a little 1x12 Slash signature combo which had a Vintage 30 speaker and a single EL34. Big tube and iron in a small amp sounds great.

Rdodson":1l31kdov said:
I for one think the Soldano HR25 is killer. Had an opportunity to get one in Clapton grey with matching 2x12 cab and I should have. Obviously not exactly an SLO, but pretty dang good.

I'd love to see a Hagen mini. I'd be all over that. I don't know if it is feasible but I'd enjoy the effort!

:)

I love my HR25!

SavageRiffer":3nytcg94 said:
Vin Diezel":3nytcg94 said:

How many have you checked out? Try a Marshall 2525, Bogner Atma, Soldano Hot Rod 25, or Fargen Mini Plex. Ever play a Marshall SL-5? The SL-5 was a little 1x12 Slash signature combo which had a Vintage 30 speaker and a single EL34. Big tube and iron in a small amp sounds great.

I had a 20w Hughes & Kettner and a 5 Watt custom built Plexi head. You can get some decent rhythm sounds but single notes on the high strings sound thin.
Ask Scott Henderson. ;)

Back