The Police--My Fathers Place--Roslyn LI

Mike_V

Banned
The Police are on tour again--very cool.

I saw their first ever USA appearence at a little joint down under the overpass of RT25A (1973?)--God were they LOUD for such a little place. My ears were bleeding. And still ring to this day...

Any of you older LI guys remember My Fathers Place? Great venue...

:|::QBB:
carlygtr56":e24cf said:
Was there a million times and played there in '87.

That's when the Police were good.

So, what did the GREEN room look like--spread of food and booze for you?

carlygtr56":602cd said:
That's when the Police were good.
I heard Stew wasn't impressed with the 1st few reunion performances I guess. not sure if things have tightened up or not or what the issue was exactly.
I'd go now if I had the chance, even if they aren't as good, since I never got to see them before.

Saw a ton of acts there and played there a few times with my band The Fury in the early 80's
great room, lots of fun

Tnjpekar":4a828 said:
Saw a ton of acts there and played there a few times with my band The Fury in the early 80's
great room, lots of fun

It WAS agreat room, although the seating was a bit awkward...

I remember The Fury--

Remember Dennis McNamara with WLIR???? All those live simulcasts? Great days, great times...

I remember reading somewhere that on the first Police tour of the US they played MFP in a huge snowstorm and that only @ 20 people showed up.

roodboy":1d37e said:
I remember reading somewhere that on the first Police tour of the US they played MFP in a huge snowstorm and that only @ 20 people showed up.

Before Global Warming--there was a snow storm on Long Island every other week in those days--I remember a crowd--but not only 20 people...

:confused:

I remember Macs broadcasts, great fun. different times, if you werent good, you were tossed by the bouncers before the second set :gethim:
There are still a few places to play here on the island, but its not like it was back in the day :doh2:

Tnjpekar":aac6b said:
I remember Macs broadcasts, great fun. different times, if you werent good, you were tossed by the bouncers before the second set :gethim:
There are still a few places to play here on the island, but its not like it was back in the day :doh2:

Did you ever play Hammerheads, Rum Bottoms, or The Rockpile out on Island Park on Long Beach Road???

Hammerheads and rum runners, dont remember rum bottoms. did Lamours in queens a few times, couple of big clubs in manhattan at the time, cheers, mad hatter, third rail, decembers, the stage door, damn, too many places to list

I grew up in Manhasset so MFP was a 10 minute car ride for me.. I lost track of how many cool shows I saw there....

I remember seeing Trower there and he was UNGODLY loud!!! I think that my ears rang for a week...

STEEL KAGE":254fc said:
I grew up in Manhasset so MFP was a 10 minute car ride for me.. I lost track of how many cool shows I saw there....

I remember seeing Trower there and he was UNGODLY loud!!! I think that my ears rang for a week...

Manhasset, Kage? Did you play Lacrosse for Alan Lowe-Bob Ruhle? Great tradition there. Bethpage (the late great Fran McCall) always had great teams too, but we could never get by Manhasset when we got to Hofstra...

Back