Which amp has the closest sound to a Diezel VH4?

Kai

I played a Diezel VH4 at a guitar store a while ago and I was blown away. It's become my dream amp... but what wasn't amazing was the $4,400 price tag. So I did some looking for amps under $2000 that sound like a VH4. I've heard that the Bogner Shiva and the Soldano Avenger (basically an SLO-100 but without cleans and much less expensive) can get close to a Diezel VH4. Out of those amps, which is the closest? I'm guessing the Soldano Avenger would cut nicer in the mix, but the mid scooped (not really scooped, but not as much mids as the Soldano) sound of the Bogner would be closer to a Diezel VH4. Or I might be completely wrong.

If these amps both sound nothing like a Diezel VH4, what amps do?

Nothing. Sorry.

I've owned several Soldano SLO100s... (still own one) ... and have played the Shiva... and neither sounds like my VH4. If you want the VH4 tone... buy a VH4. It's a good deal when you consider for the price it can replace at least 2 separate amps.

I didn't know they were making a VH2. That sounds cool, I'll try it when it comes out.

I'm probably either gonna wait for a Bogner Twin Jet to pop up less than $2000 on the used market, or get the VH2 when it comes out (if it costs less than $2000 and actually sounds like a VH4). If none of them work, I'll get the Soldano Avenger and try my hardest to get it to sound how I want it.

The tone I'm looking for is like this, which comes from a VH4 and a Soldano cabinet: https://youtu.be/t9u98HO5js8

Skip to 1:34 to hear the distortion in the video. Do you think a Bogner Twin Jet or a Soldano Avenger could get that type of tone?

Kai":3mw4n57x said:
I didn't know they were making a VH2. That sounds cool, I'll try it when it comes out.

I'm probably either gonna wait for a Bogner Twin Jet to pop up less than $2000 on the used market, or get the VH2 when it comes out (if it costs less than $2000 and actually sounds like a VH4). If none of them work, I'll get the Soldano Avenger and try my hardest to get it to sound how I want it.

The tone I'm looking for is like this, which comes from a VH4 and a Soldano cabinet: https://youtu.be/t9u98HO5js8

Skip to 1:34 to hear the distortion in the video. Do you think a Bogner Twin Jet or a Soldano Avenger could get that type of tone?

Maybe the TJ 1st channel? It's hard to make out the pure guitar tone in that mix with the vocals and backing music. The Avenger will be a bit darker, with a warmer tone/feel to it.

I own a Twin Jet... but I mainly use channel 2 for modern metal.

Vh2 will be prob closer to high $2ks, closer to $3k from what I've heard. Im sure it will be just as killer as vh4 tone wise, just not near as much flexibility.

Twin jet is cool, had a couple. Still may pick one up again, but it ain't no DIEZEL

Muse uses a lot of channel 3 and channel 4 on the vh4 actually. Also even mixed some Herbert in on some of the heavier tunes. This is from a reliable source. Not internet readings.
The 2nd channel is supposed to get you close to both channels with the gain knob. I know the guy that has the prototype vh2 at his house :rock:

LunatiBSW":oekrhb57 said:
Muse uses a lot of channel 3 and channel 4 on the vh4 actually. Also even mixed some Herbert in on some of the heavier tunes. This is from a reliable source. Not internet readings.
The 2nd channel is supposed to get you close to both channels with the gain knob. I know the guy that has the prototype vh2 at his house :rock:

When the VH2 comes out I don't mind waiting a few months for it to pop up on the used market. If it doesn't, then I guess I can pony up the dough to get it new. If I can't, then I'll get the Twin Jet. And if I can't get the Twin Jet for some reason, then it's the Avenger. When do you suppose the VH2 will come out? And will I need a little bit of fuzz to get the sound I linked (he used a fuzz factory) or will the VH2 alone be just fine?

Thanks! :)

I don't think there is any other amp that sounds exactly like that, at least I'm not aware of. And also "shortcuts" like the Diezel pedals won't bring you 100% there. Having said that, the 20th Ani Shiva with modern Switch enabled is going into the direction. Not identical but same direction.

Kai":jg3flufh said:
LunatiBSW":jg3flufh said:

When the VH2 comes out I don't mind waiting a few months for it to pop up on the used market. If it doesn't, then I guess I can pony up the dough to get it new. If I can't, then I'll get the Twin Jet. And if I can't get the Twin Jet for some reason, then it's the Avenger. When do you suppose the VH2 will come out? And will I need a little bit of fuzz to get the sound I linked (he used a fuzz factory) or will the VH2 alone be just fine?

Thanks! :)

There's a Twin Jet in the For Sale section here at a good price. Not my amp, and I don't know the seller. Just saying... :dunno:

Wizard of Ozz":r9i4p2jf said:
Kai":r9i4p2jf said:

Maybe the TJ 1st channel? It's hard to make out the pure guitar tone in that mix with the vocals and backing music. The Avenger will be a bit darker, with a warmer tone/feel to it.

I own a Twin Jet... but I mainly use channel 2 for modern metal.
I own a couple TJs... Modded and stock.

No amp does VH4 except the VH4.

Unkle Mo

Get a PRS ARCHON.
Had a vh4 at my house same time.
Blind studied guys that were here ... :yes:
Couldn't tell the difference between the archon and vh4 apart.
Yuuuuuuuuup... :D

Mailman1971":30s2rblv said:
Get a PRS ARCHON.

Dan! Do you remember what speakers/cabs you played through? Was it your lynchbox's'?

LunatiBSW":2syalh97 said:
Mailman1971":2syalh97 said:
Get a PRS ARCHON.

Dan! Do you remember what speakers/cabs you played through? Was it your lynchbox's'?
Yup

Lynch box cabs.

Eminence Super V's in them. Makes every amp just sound DEEP AND HUGE.

Great great cabs!!

Back