Vh2 power tube questions

eric_kv2

Hello,

Can the VH2 use multiple power tubes like the VH4 or is it a single power tube amp like the D Moll and Paul (i.e. KT-77's only)?

If you can use multiple power tubes, can you mix and match power tubes such as using a pair of 6l6 and a pair of el-34's?

Also, does the VH2 have a choke?

I have been trying to find this info online and haven't been able to find it.

Thank You,
Eric

I'm quite sure it's possible if you adjust the bias, but Peter doesn't like other tubes because they produce so much heat.
Oh, I think you cannot mix tubes because there's only 1 bias pot.

Thanks for the info. So It sounds like the vh2 is not like the vh4 as far as power tubes are concerned.

eric_kv2":2pfjy8bs said:
Thanks for the info. So It sounds like the vh2 is not like the vh4 as far as power tubes are concerned.

It does have a choke... and you should "theoretically" be able to swap power tubes. However, I'd email Peter D. to be sure.

eric_kv2":3d8of2lm said:
Hello,

Can the VH2 use multiple power tubes like the VH4 or is it a single power tube amp like the D Moll and Paul (i.e. KT-77's only)?

If you can use multiple power tubes, can you mix and match power tubes such as using a pair of 6l6 and a pair of el-34's?

Also, does the VH2 have a choke?

I have been trying to find this info online and haven't been able to find it.

Thank You,
Eric

VH4's have always been for matched quads and only will bias a quad, unlike the Herbert and others which will bias pairs. The VH4 has a 34/6L6 switch on top of the chassis that changes the bias supply and allows you to use matched quads from those family of tubes. bias range is quite wide to accommodate 5881's, 6L6's, KT66's, 6550's, 34's, KT77's.

Back