Zerrer or VH4-2 pedal?

JerEvil

Hey all! Looking at both of these. Had the chance to check out the VH4 pedal last year and enjoyed it for the brief time I had access to it.

I am definitely looking for something Diezel flavored to add to my recording setup. Most of my amps revolve around the hot rodded Marshall type deal (Quick Rod, Dirty Shirley, Henning Bottle Rocket) wth my Sig X being the most "modern" of my amps.

Is the Zerrer based off any particular Diezel amp model or is it it's own thing? Clips online range from bleh to stellar so it seems there are definitely some killer tones in there.

I, too, have been wanting the Diezel sound, saw the v2 NAMM video and waited. Ordered it the other day and got it yesterday. I've run it in front of my V-Plex 50, VHT HW-36, Marshall 1923 and 20th Shiva (also into its power amp in) with really good results. The 1923 clean channel takes high gain pedals like a champ and it sounds great with this amp.

Nice to have one channel lower gain and the other blistering. Haven't done much with the MASTER (volume) knobs between channels, however, they're there and seem to work. Nice build, too.

I know nothing about the Zerrer, however, am really happy to have the Diezel VH4-2 pedal in the tone locker.

EDIT: the LED's just might be able to take an eye out. They're B-right!!!

brianiac5150":3v6cgicp said:
I, too, have been wanting the Diezel sound, saw the v2 NAMM video and waited. Ordered it the other day and got it yesterday. I've run it in front of my V-Plex 50, VHT HW-36, Marshall 1923 and 20th Shiva (also into its power amp in) with really good results. The 1923 clean channel takes high gain pedals like a champ and it sounds great with this amp.

Nice to have one channel lower gain and the other blistering. Haven't done much with the MASTER (volume) knobs between channels, however, they're there and seem to work. Nice build, too.

I know nothing about the Zenner, however, am really happy to have the Diezel VH4-2 pedal in the tone locker.

EDIT: the LED's just might be able to take an eye out. They're B-right!!!
Yeah I remember the LED on the OG VH4 pedal being super bright. I like the idea of the Zerrer but I really wouldn't be gigging the pedal. more using it for recording.

Peter Diezel":lj7yqccq said:
Don´t buy it, the LED´s are too bright :D

The first gig I played with my Einstein back in 2009 I got many comments (almost complaints) on how bright the lights were. I looked back at my amp and it nearly blinded me.. I couldn't see my guitar for next chord... I LOVE that about it. There is no mistaking if the amp is on and it adds a nice effect with fog machines. :rock:

Peter Diezel":1a4mh15j said:
Just kidding. If it is an issue we can increase the brightness of course.

Cheers,
Peter
I think the only solution is really is to do a mod to the VH4-2 that has both LED's on when switching to Gain/Master 2 instead of only having the associated LED on. I mean, your going to Gain/Master 2, there should be double LED's...

To be clear, these would still use the BRIGHTER led's as you suggest just makes sure all 3 are on when switching Channels on the pedal...

Thoughts?

Peter Diezel":2g955x5o said:
Did you got the pedal, critics are very welcome.
Not yet. I will be ordering next week as a birthday present to myself...

I will make a full demo of it for my channel of course! Now... you are asking for critique on the LED brightness I assume? LOL! I kid, I kid!

Back