Tweeds?

gtrgriff3

So... I went looking for some old tweed type cabs (tweed twin, victoria 50212, bassmans, etc.) and found, none.

There's one clark with a 15 in it, and a blues deluxe cab... not what I had in mind.

Before I go digging through all of my cabs looking for something that will work:
1 - anyone have any "go to" cabs for tweed tones? (think, rolling stones, more recent Joe Bonamassa, Joe Walsh 70s era)
2 - any of you cab studios doing any tweed stuff in the near future? I see a hole in the market :)

I can comment from a Capture Master perspective... at least mine.

There are three ways to have a cabinet to capture; 1) own it already, 2) buy it and perhaps flip it after, 3) borrow it.

Unlike many other amps, desirable tweeds are generally speaking a) rare, b) fragile, c) EXPENSIVE and d) require completely disconnecting and and re-connecting the speaker from the amp to do the capture.

Point D is not insignificant. This means that for either borrowing or buying and flipping such an amp cannot be done without damaging the vintage integrity and perhaps a relationship (with the lender of said amp).

The quest for the right situation of player's grade Tweed amp available continues...

In the meantime, be aware that Twill15 is quite close to the correct criteria although it may not be for everyone. It is a newer Clark enclosure with an original 1959 Jensen 15" that has been reconed. I bought this off the gearpage with the intention of building a G9A tremolux chassis into it eventually.

imho, the ones I'd most want to add to the library would be a tweed 1x8" and a 3x10".

I will also say that a new cab called Projector2 about to hit the boutique that may just be what you looking for for a tweed deluxe-ish tone. A 1950's Bell and Howell Filmosound extension cabinet with original B&H (Jensen OEM) speaker.

Back