Torpedo Live or C.A.B and Load box

• Live

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • C.A.B + Box

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jamie_T

Hey everyone,

I'm looking into an IR based setup and need some advice. I've been playing for quite a few theatre based bands and sessions recently where keeping the noise down (or silent) is being requested more and more, I've so far not found a good sound from modelling or taking a line out from my amp (always sounds flat or at worst awful) and so have decided it might be good to go down the cab modelling route, but I'm not sure what will be most versatile for what I do.

Scenario 1: Mesa boogie or Blackstar amp - some volume from the amp for monitoring, and a Torpedo to send it to the desk
Scenario 2: Line6 HD500x - into Torpedo for Power amp and cab - straight to desk
Scenario 3: Amp, silent output for home recording, or combination of amp mics and IR into a DAW
Scenario 4: if its working well I'd probably use it live instead of a mic, but would still want the amp volume on stage

As I see it, the best options are Torpedo Live, or C.A.B for the pod with the separate load box when using with amps, but i'm unsure which to go for

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :confused:

Live is the most obvious choice, but if you want to save some money, are not interested in the rack format and do not need the digital output, Captor + CAB is a good solution too.

Back