Stereo setup with CAB

Jmarlwin

Hi. Is it possible to split signal from CAB for stereo rig?

My present rig:
Dirt pedals>timeline>bigsky>fender pro junior>weber speaker attenuator (as power soak)> line out to radial DI>CAB >FOH

My plan for Wet-dry-wet using one amp:
Dirt pedals>fender pro junior>mic >FOH (dry)
From amp>speaker attenuator>DI>CAB>mono in to TIMELINE>stereo out, stereo in to BIGSKY>stereo out>FOH (wet-wet)

Is this plausible? Can I split the signal from CAB using stereo pedal such as timeline?
What are my possible problems other than ground loops and phase issues?

I know I can simplify the rig by just using big sky's cab filter but I prefer using CAB

Hi Guillaume. I'm planning to use my pod hd desktop + Poweramp and cab sim from cab. If I'm going full stereo stereo setup. Is it better to get another CAB and just upgrade to studio. If I'll be using 2 * CAB, will there be phasing issues?

Hi Jmarlwin,

sorry I was away for some time.

You won't have phasing issues with 2 CAB, no problem. A Torpedo Studio will give you way more option and a better overall audio quality, so if the price is not a problem and you don't mind the' rack format, you will be very happy with it. ;)

Jmarlwin":2toq7h7x said:
Hi Guillaume. I'm planning to use my pod hd desktop + Poweramp and cab sim from cab. If I'm going full stereo stereo setup. Is it better to get another CAB and just upgrade to studio. If I'll be using 2 * CAB, will there be phasing issues?

I am running two CABS for a stereo image. Works really well... no phasing issues

Wow. Thanks for the reponse. Now I'm all set for a new CAB. I already got 1 and I got a very good deal for a second CAB.

I use two Live units in stereo configuration, no phasing issues at all. Favorite cabs I am using now are Brit Green with so many mic variations, and they have also stereo pairs! Amazing how real it sounds, like the cab is there next to you.

Back