1x12 cab for Diezel?

O731

Hey guys,

I was trying to find a good 1x12 cab for my Diezel head. Diezel doesn't had 1x12 cabs, so i'm trying to figure out something good with V30 speakers. Has anyone had experience with the bogner cabs?

There are only a few speakers that can handle 100 watts or more.
For recording, I have used a ported Custom Audio Electronics 1X12 cab loaded with an EV 12L with my VH4. Sounded good.

Flintstonerocks":idslub32 said:
There are only a few speakers that can handle 100 watts or more.
For recording, I have used a ported Custom Audio Electronics 1X12 cab loaded with an EV 12L with my VH4. Sounded good.

Thank you. Does that mean the cabinet speaker itself has to be rated at 100W?

Well...scratch the search for a 1x12 cab. The reason I wanted one was because I wanted to be able to play my VH4 at bedroom volumes. I find the master volume a bit too touchy. I was told that what i'm looking for is an attenuator, but i've done some searching around here and I hear they're not recommended for the VH4

O731":1nw17i9h said:
Well...scratch the search for a 1x12 cab. The reason I wanted one was because I wanted to be able to play my VH4 at bedroom volumes. I find the master volume a bit too touchy. I was told that what i'm looking for is an attenuator, but i've done some searching around here and I hear they're not recommended for the VH4

Oh, yeah. Still loud as f@&k for a bedroom.

Go 50 watt einstein if looking for vh4 vibe in a more controllable package. I have no Paul/big max experience but they are more options.

I have had 15 boutique high gain heads. Diezels had the least touchy master volumes of all. Try a bogner lol!

moltenmetalburn":3lumht24 said:
O731":3lumht24 said:

Oh, yeah. Still loud as f@&k for a bedroom.

Go 50 watt einstein if looking for vh4 vibe in a more controllable package. I have no Paul/big max experience but they are more options.

I have had 15 boutique high gain heads. Diezels had the least touchy master volumes of all. Try a bogner lol!

Hehe, thank you for the recommendations. Although a 50 W amp head would be most appropriate for my situation, i'm going to have to kindly say no :) Plus, having a 100W would be better for me in the long term for whenever I decide to move out into a house or something. In fact, A herbert is next on my shopping list!

HI,

Im using my Herbert at home with a Engl 1x12.
A Diezel 2x12 is on my list for end 2018.

The only reason why i play the 1x12 is fullness of my sound. I play ..... loud anough :LOL: :LOL:

I want to get a 2x12 again, when playing a bit louder then how i play at night, my 1x12 is to thick sounding. I used to love it but now a days i would enjoy a 2x12 more, let alone a Diezel cab.

If you have quite a good pc or mac do try impulse responses. Great for silent playing.
There are also the torpedo options cthat might be a great solution.

For bedroom use it does not matter whether the speaker can deal with 100W or 20W because you play very quietly.
However, do not expect a 1x12 to be more quiet than a 4x12. It does not sound as full, but it is almost as loud.

I have a Mesa Thiele cabinet with an EVM model which is rated at 200 watts, plenty of low end and clarity with the clean channel. I am looking for another just to have one for my differnt rehearsal spots.

I appreciate the input guys. I no longer need a 1x12 cab- I got the EWS subtle volume control and it works great with my VH4 to dial in a good apartment volume.

Back