VH2 Diezel

Gringo

hi there
anyone tried the VH2 amp ? its said that the Chanel 3 is identical to its big bro VH4 . true ??
Honestly, love the sound of the VH4 and Herbert, and planning to save some $ and get their little bros.
Ch3 VH2 = VH4 in Ch3 ?
Ch3 D-Moll= Herbert Ch3 ?
plz, someone help
thx

I've not played the VH2... but the D-Moll and Herbert sound pretty different. I much prefer the Herbert. The bigger power section is the deciding factor.

Had a dmoll, sold it for a new Herbert mkII. Sounded quite different. I'm a metal guy and much preferred the Herbert for my style.
It doesn't need a ts, but sounds phenomenal with them, and awesome fx loop.
The sound is massive, because it's 180w power section, (like said above) it's part of the magic.

Im anxious to see if the vh2 sounds similar to the vh4 as well. Those two are supposed to be very similar.

LunatiBSW":2o902h7i said:
Had a dmoll, sold it for a new Herbert mkII. Sounded quite different. I'm a metal guy and much preferred the Herbert for my style.
It doesn't need a ts, but sounds phenomenal with them, and awesome fx loop.
The sound is massive, because it's 180w power section, (like said above) it's part of the magic.

Im anxious to see if the vh2 sounds similar to the vh4 as well. Those two are supposed to be very similar.

I agree. :thumbsup:

For metal... the Herbert is the king.

The VH2 channels are not most identical. Channel 2 is designed like the Paul / D-Moll / Hagen circuit.
Channel 2 is like a "modern" copy of the VH4 channel 3 with more gain on top.

Peter Diezel":1yy4kt4y said:
The VH2 channels are not most identical. Channel 2 is designed like the Paul / D-Moll / Hagen circuit.
Channel 2 is like a "modern" copy of the VH4 channel 3 with more gain on top.
I am very interested in this amp. Is it safe to assume you all will be at NAMM in January?

I would love to hear a clip of this, too. :)

Right now, I've got a Herbert and am looking at the VH4. I'd really like to hear what the differences would be (granted, as much as I could through a YT vid).

BTW, the demos with both Peters on their website are amazing! Among the best amp demos I've seen.

:rock:

I just bought a VH2. I already own a VH4, Paul, Friedman Brown Eye, Engl Powerball 2, early Marshall 800, and a Diamond Phantom.

Channel 1 on the VH2 sounds slightly woody just like channel 1 on the Paul.
Channel 2 on the VH2 sounds exactly like channel 3 on the VH4.
At least to me anyway.

Cool! Still wish there were more demos of the VH2. Personally, I'm leaning more towards the VH4 at the moment. I've heard some great things out of Ch 2 & 4 (and 1, of course). Knowing myself, I'm thinking that getting a VH2 will not stop me from wanting a VH4. For that matter, probably wouldn't stop me from wanting a Paul, too.

What do you think of the Paul? The Peters' demo sounds great, and different (in a good way) than their other amps. Hell... I just need one of each!

Wizard of Ozz":x1ovngpa said:
For metal... the Herbert is the king.
König Herbert! All I really know is that every single time I play mine, I always come away thinking it is the most amazing amp.

Flintstonerocks":3naglt5u said:
I just bought a VH2. I already own a VH4, Paul, Friedman Brown Eye, Engl Powerball 2, early Marshall 800, and a Diamond Phantom.

Channel 1 on the VH2 sounds slightly woody just like channel 1 on the Paul.
Channel 2 on the VH2 sounds exactly like channel 3 on the VH4.
At least to me anyway.

How does channel 2 on VH2 compare to channel 3 on the ENGL?

I just ordered a VH2 and also own a ENGL powerball 2.

Also since i've never heard a VH4, how do the CH3's on both ENGL and VH4 compare?

I'd love to know! Thanks!

The VH2 channel 2 (same as VH4 channel 3) is much smoother than the Powerball 2 channel 3. Powerball channel 3 is more granular. iMHO

Flintstonerocks":32xlzw5q said:
The VH2 channel 2 (same as VH4 channel 3) is much smoother than the Powerball 2 channel 3. Powerball channel 3 is more granular. iMHO

Thanks!
Awesome! We are starting a new Band and the Rhythm guitarist was playing a Blue Voodoo while i was playing on my PB2. It didn't really work unless i played on his Crate BV sound wise since i do lots of little tidbits. Can't have that! LOL So i finally had an excuse to order a VH2 to pair with the ENGL.

Back