Randall Satan 50 is announced!

squank":eryvfaqg said:
Sorry, I'll never buy one of these.

I dig Mike's amps, and I have owned several. But I can't get past this silly name. I'm not going to have an amp in my house with a "Satan" nameplate on it. It might as well say "Cunt" on it.

C'mon, Mike, I don't want to rationalize this kind of shit to my kids looking at my gear.

SMH
I agree with this. It's a horrible marketing imo. It excludes a multitude of people who like metal but maybe would find the name offensive to their faith...or like you say, rationalizing this to your kids. All his products have that 'satanic evilness' about them. Why?? :dunno: :confused:

No denying that his stuff sounds killer though :yes:

Same goes for Friedman, poor choice in model names. I hate it when I have to tell someone my main amp is a Friedman Pink Taco.

Wizard of Ozz":1ha8ltx9 said:
EvilBatman":1ha8ltx9 said:
Wizard of Ozz":1ha8ltx9 said:
Starman22":1ha8ltx9 said:
It says a Mike Fortin designed package. Hmmm. I thought Mike left Randall? Did he do some after work with them to get this 50w produced, or is Randall tagging onto his prior design of the 100w Satan? Interesting.

Mike designed this 50W awhile ago. Ola has had the 50W for over a year. It’s been in the background of several of his vids.

I had the 100W and it was a killer amp. Very well built. Very, very tight and modern mid boosted. Pretty much what you expect... but the feel is different from most of the competition. Cool feature set too.

I honestly had thought Randall Amps had gone out of business completely. Surprised to see this.

How would you compare the feel to your MTL? I have a feeling that what I'm after amp wise is nearly sold state feeling in nature. I want the breath and dimensionality that's usually found with tubes though. BTW, have you ever played any of the AMT Stone Head amps?

Head to head I like the MTL better. The Satan is really tight, dry, mid-boosted, not a lot of lowend. Not as chuggable as many might think. Not the heavy Recto/Uber lows many might expect.

The MTL has a more classic feel and response to it, while still being super tight and articulate and more of the classic Marshall crunch factor to it.

The Satan is pretty unusual and unique. Definite try before you buy sort of amp.

Thanks for the feedback.

I've been listening to as many clips of the MTL and Satan as I can. Both have qualities I'm really digging.

acidvoodoo":1sxuij5i said:
Same goes for Friedman, poor choice in model names. I hate it when I have to tell someone my main amp is a Friedman Pink Taco.

They are terrible names. I tell people it’s a PT20 and leave it at that.
Terrible marketing.

napalmdeath":aisdc6b1 said:
crankyrayhanky":aisdc6b1 said:
The Randall Marketing Department needs to take a hike. They manage to take decent sounding and innovative amps and attach horrible names and hideous cosmetics that aim for a tiny market but essentially appeals to no one.

I agree. I'd love to own this amp, but there'd always be an unnerving feeling with "Satan" being on the faceplate.

The name is flat out stupid, but you can buy a Sharpie for $.25 and buy the amp.
Simple solution.

The RD20 seems like a great low wattage head. Plenty of gain,fx loop 6L6's.I wanted one but could not get over the silly fonts and demon head on the faceplate. The RD series could have been as popular as the 5153 if is was marketed better.

BrokenFusion":37x8eyvm said:
The RD20 seems like a great low wattage head. Plenty of gain,fx loop 6L6's.I wanted one but could not get over the silly fonts and demon head on the faceplate. The RD series could have been as popular as the 5153 if is was marketed better.

I actually chose an RD45 over an EVH... Twice. They are killer amps.

I agree with Randall's marketing being kind of stupid lol... it's sort of like highend pcs/gaming pc's with all the blinky lights and robotech looking cases. Priced for adults but designed for teens who can't afford them. As for the Satan name, not a big deal to me, i'd be more irritated with people thinking i'm an Ola fan boy.

napalmdeath":33bbg5y9 said:
paulyc":33bbg5y9 said:
napalmdeath":33bbg5y9 said:
paulyc":33bbg5y9 said:
I don’t care what it’s called, it’s made in China I don’t want it.

You'd fit right in at The Gear Page
I wouldn’t own a non English Marshall either, or Chinese Celestions. Sorry.

As you type on your chinese device.
I don’t care that my iPad is Chinese, but I don’t want Chinese guitar gear. Just my preference.

Amp company announces new amp release.

Forum member shares info.

Most members find something to bitch about, be it the name or where it is made in.

Amp fades to black.

The end.

As unsuccessfully as the 120W fullsize Satan was... I'm shocked that they went ahead and release the 50W model. There are still decent deals to be had on the 120W if you shop around.

In this case, I really wouldn't worry about the MIC factoid... I've opened up the amp and it is really well built. The pots/jacks are chassis mounted and connected with flying leads to the pcbs... metal stand-off supports for the pcbs connecting to the chassis... solid welded chassis, no bent/open ends... and the OT & PT are MASSIVE. The 120W weighs over 60 lbs and is super quiet for the amount of gain.

squank":2cy88zza said:

I dig Mike's amps, and I have owned several. But I can't get past this silly name. I'm not going to have an amp in my house with a "Satan" nameplate on it. It might as well say "Cunt" on it.

C'mon, Mike, I don't want to rationalize this kind of shit to my kids looking at my gear.

SMH

Agree, same reason I don't own the Pink Taco, Dirty Shirley, Brown Eye, etc.

cnote":216sz05m said:
squank":216sz05m said:

SMH

Yeah, I'm surprised they haven't released a Cocksucker 50, or Dildo Drive. Maybe even a Jizzmaster 120.

Randall is supposed to release some low-watt combos, as well. They were actually polling Facebookers for name suggestions.

napalmdeath":3dd2haaa said:
cnote":3dd2haaa said:
squank":3dd2haaa said:

SMH

Yeah, I'm surprised they haven't released a Cocksucker 50, or Dildo Drive. Maybe even a Jizzmaster 120.

Randall is supposed to release some low-watt combos, as well. They were actually polling Facebookers for name suggestions.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

napalmdeath":3ni6mlyb said:
A stereo rig of a Cocksucker 50 boosted with a Prostate Tickler & Jizzmaster 120 boosted by a Dildo Drive would kill it. Don’t forget to get the amp cover for the Cocksucker 50, the Cock Sheath

Webb":14zutuge said:
Are people really excited about a Satan 50-watt? I've never tried the 100w version but the clips and reviews I've seen have been pretty lackluster.

Heard one live (100w) and for metal, it was fantastic.

napalmdeath":3nu67iwi said:

Roland Jizzchorus JC-120? :confused: :LOL: :LOL:

Jizz is always better in stereo
amirite.jpg

Back