New Member/Diezel Herbert Owner

Bad.Seed

Hey folks, can't believe I've never created a handle here, I read on this forum all the time but never post.

Recently scored a Diezel Herbert on my local craigslist and am really digging it. This is my first experience with a Diezel amp (my local music scene is non existant these days, as is the gear market) and I have to say so far I'm really happy.

I tend to play in standard tuning and do most of my riffing in a thrash/crossover band these days, but also play in a hardcore band that tunes to Drop C. We had a show the other night, so I used this head through my Marshall MF cab and my 2016 Lp Traditional and I was really happy with it overall, had to engage the mid cut or it would have buried my other guitarist who was using an Engl Blackmore through a Splawn 412 loaded with Eminence Governors.

Are there any secret tips or tricks to dialing this amp in? I know I like it through K100 speakers more than V30's, it does not need any help int he mid department. Doesn't seem to mind oversized cabs at all, which is surprising for the amount of bass this amp pumps out.

Attachments

• 27786316_10116147560870464_161067915_o.jpg
    27786316_10116147560870464_161067915_o.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,016
May I suggest you try/buy a Friedman 4x12. Two greenies on top and two V30's on the bottom. Not as tight as the K100's and as middy as four V30's.

I use four of these with my VH4 and Herbert.....and just one cab can handle the 180 watts from the Herbert.

Flintstonerocks":2gdb0ddt said:
May I suggest you try/buy a Friedman 4x12. Two greenies on top and two V30's on the bottom. Not as tight as the K100's and as middy as four V30's.

I use four of these with my VH4 and Herbert.....and just one cab can handle the 180 watts from the Herbert.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Honestly, for my tastes and what I play, I'm not really a fan of greenbacks. They're a wonderful speakers, and I own a couple 412's with differen variations of them, but they're not the sound I'm after at the moment.
A Friedman 412, however, is on my short list of items I'd like to pick up soon.
I'd also like to snag a Diezel 412FK for my Herbert as I love the Herbie with K100's over V30's and a front loaded cab would be great to have.

I think guitar cab as important as amp, so if you have a chance get a Diezel cab. I have front loaded 412 with Eminence governors, that I like much more than Vintage 30. It has v30 flavour but more clarity in mids and less fizzy, and more sensitive to the way you dial amp, never the less need to be careful with lows.

careful with Mid Cut:)

Back