Stolen $15,000 PRS from Peach Guitars

Looks like stores need to ban any type of trench coat-style long jackets. Have a coat hanger next to the door. If someone comes in wearing a long jacket, they take it off and hang it up. They can have it back on the way out.

Mr. Willy":1ybo40g0 said:
Looks like stores need to ban any type of trench coat-style long jackets. Have a coat hanger next to the door. If someone comes in wearing a long jacket, they take it off and hang it up. They can have it back on the way out.

That was my thought too. I'm not in a bad area by any means, but our small guitar shop and record store both have signs up and don't allow backpacks, etc.

The Hoff":1se3u4xb said:
Apparently at one point they were even arrested but got off on some technicality (it didn’t go into detail on what the technicality was).
At least that should mean the police know exactly who they're looking for..

There goes their insurance premium. Can't believe they have a 15K guitar just hanging where anyone can grab it. No regular, gigging player is interested in that guitar. Only a flush home player or collector. Plus are they going to want a Private reserve guitar that any kid could have handled? Lesson learned for the shop. Part of attentive customer service in retail is actually letting nefarious customers know, we are watching what you are doing. It's a balance for sure between hovering and breathing room but it can be done.

skoora":327qjiu0 said:
There goes their insurance premium. Can't believe they have a 15K guitar just hanging where anyone can grab it. No regular, gigging player is interested in that guitar. Only a flush home player or collector. Plus are they going to want a Private reserve guitar that any kid could have handled? Lesson learned for the shop. Part of attentive customer service in retail is actually letting nefarious customers know, we are watching what you are doing. It's a balance for sure between hovering and breathing room but it can be done.
It was foolish to leave such a guitar there, but you're completely wrong about people not gigging private stock guitars. I know several people personally who do, and I gigged mine:

6197165309_1f42e7a6d0_z.jpg

squank":g403ithf said:
skoora":g403ithf said:
It was foolish to leave such a guitar there, but you're completely wrong about people not gigging private stock guitars. I know several people personally who do, and I gigged mine:

That's great and all but I said "regular" gigging player. You and the people you know are an anomaly at best as to who would be going into a store to be looking to buy and gig a guitar that costs that much. I should have said "Mostly" instead of Only on who would buy it.

skoora":3k0iy0e3 said:
squank":3k0iy0e3 said:
skoora":3k0iy0e3 said:

That's great and all but I said "regular" gigging player. You and the people you know are an anomaly at best...
Pretty shitty thing to say. You don't know what TF you are talking about.

squank":265elbjd said:
skoora":265elbjd said:
squank":265elbjd said:
skoora":265elbjd said:

That's great and all but I said "regular" gigging player. You and the people you know are an anomaly at best...
Pretty shitty thing to say. You don't know what TF you are talking about.

Jesus Christ, How is that shitty?! You're telling me that people around the world who are gigging, a great number of them are in the market for 10K plus guitars to use?! It's like you're surprised/offended if I said someone using a Ferrari as their daily driver is an anomaly over someone driving a Camry. I actually know exactly what the fuck I'm talking about. I didn't say your a dick or a snob for gigging an expensive guitar, just that it is rare. Get the fuck over yourself.

Back