KSR Juno

The Juno is aggressive in a good way. Did Kyle say if this is his take on a Jose style Marshall with a Jose master with clipping diodes or is he running a traditional JCMJMP style master configuration with all tube preamp?

It definitely crunches in a different frequency range than his other amps, I guess more hot-rodded Marshall Kerrang for lack of a better term. It still has a nice focused lowend punch to it without falling into bass dominant Mesa territory.

Phil M":2byx5dtm said:
For one of the voices (I think “clipped”) he referred to it as Jose inspired.
Yeah clipped is the right voice I believe as well. That's what he said in our NAMM vid.

JerEvil":g1ic2ote said:
hiuueLxl.jpg

Couldn't wait anymore. Had to at least open the box! LOL!

I have to say, EVERYTHING on this amp feels "heavy duty". Switches, knobs, head shell, etc. It is NOT light that's for sure. I have owned some very expensive amps that felt kind of not-so-solid in hand. This is not one of them.

NICE :rock:

In addition to making some of the baddest amps on earth, Kyle is awesome with customer service and follow through!

Just got home and gave it about 15 minutes quietly... it’s insane! Hopefully I can capture it well for the vids. Even at low volume it’s killer.

Intronaut":2yklv5vi said:
awesome. How does it compare to the slax?
Very different IMHO. Hasn’t gotten to crank it yet but all 3 gain modes (Clip, Crunch and Lead) are phenomenal. The amp overall seems pretty tight and aggressive but absolutely brings the rock. All the controls like the Bright and Feel knobs all actually make noticeable differences.

rottingcorpse":2nsx6soh said:
Yeah,your evaluations are worth paying attention to. Cant wait to hear your clips.
Thanks man. I just rearranged the studio and got my new monitors hooked up so I’ll be dialing in and prepping this weekend for sure.

For those interested, maybe I’ll do a thing where I skip between camera audio and mic’d sounds.

JerEvil":yet4s9yc said:
rottingcorpse":yet4s9yc said:
Yeah,your evaluations are worth paying attention to. Cant wait to hear your clips.
Thanks man. I just rearranged the studio and got my new monitors hooked up so I’ll be dialing in and prepping this weekend for sure.

For those interested, maybe I’ll do a thing where I skip between camera audio and mic’d sounds.

Interested in that for sure.

JerEvil":ep9v7lwj said:
Intronaut":ep9v7lwj said:
Very different IMHO. Hasn’t gotten to crank it yet but all 3 gain modes (Clip, Crunch and Lead) are phenomenal. The amp overall seems pretty tight and aggressive but absolutely brings the rock. All the controls like the Bright and Feel knobs all actually make noticeable differences.

I'm actually curious, have you played an Ares? My Ares had this grainy quality to the gain that I had a love/hate relationship with and I'm curious if the Juno has the same thing.

maddnotez":1jhlwyfh said:
JerEvil":1jhlwyfh said:
rottingcorpse":1jhlwyfh said:

Interested in that for sure.
Consider it done!

technomancer":1jhlwyfh said:
JerEvil":1jhlwyfh said:
Intronaut":1jhlwyfh said:

I'm actually curious, have you played an Ares? My Ares had this grainy quality to the gain that I had a love/hate relationship with and I'm curious if the Juno has the same thing.
I haven’t. Would like to try one. Perhaps Kyle will have me do some more demos of his other stuff.

Back