vh4 EQ in the loop

base341

Anyone try putting an EQ in the serial or parallel loop of the vh4?
I'm currently in a band that plays in C standard and drop Bb and am looking for something to "tighten it up" a bit.

Never played a VH4 but I will not play any amp without an eq in the loop. Secret sauce in my world. Makes every amp I've owned/played sound like the tone I expect to hear. Many scoff at the notion of playing with an eq or OD pedal and that's fine, to each is own. I get PHENOMENAL results. And I'm not put out by using them even on a $5000 amp :yes: As far as tightening IMHO, I get much better results on that front with a TS type pedal "clean" boosting the front end. Others mileage will surely vary but that's my 2.

MetalHeadMike":297oyb6j said:
Never played a VH4 but I will not play any amp without an eq in the loop. Secret sauce in my world. Makes every amp I've owned/played sound like the tone I expect to hear. Many scoff at the notion of playing with an eq of OD pedal and that's fine, to each is own. I get PHENOMENAL results. And I'm not put out by using them even on a $5000 amp :yes: As far as tightening IMHO, I get much better results on that front with a TS type pedal "clean" boosting the front end. Others mileage will surely vary but that's my 2.

What type of EQ do you normally use?
I've always used a Maxon od 808 out front set to a very clean boost with the tone knob at 2:00 and have always been happy but am looking for other tonal options.
Drop tuning is new to me :doh:

Mesa 5 band pedal... used in both the serial loop and channel insert for channel 3. Set it up in the class "V" shape and enjoy. It makes the VH4 sound evil.

~Abstract~":1rain7v4 said:
I run a Source Audio 4 channel.

All 4 channels get their very own EQ curve.

Is bast.

never heard, do you have a link?

I had a source Audio EQ once, but that basically sucked a lot?

thanks

I run a Mesa five band in the loop of my dual recto and had incredible tone shaping abilities. Would love to hear what it would sound like in a VH4

Back