Randall Satan 50 is announced!

cnote":3juax51b said:
squank":3juax51b said:
Sorry, I'll never buy one of these.

I dig Mike's amps, and I have owned several. But I can't get past this silly name. I'm not going to have an amp in my house with a "Satan" nameplate on it. It might as well say "Cunt" on it.

C'mon, Mike, I don't want to rationalize this kind of shit to my kids looking at my gear.

SMH

Agree, same reason I don't own the Pink Taco, Dirty Shirley, Brown Eye, etc.

+100

The elementary school names are flat-out stoopid. Pun intended.

Just stick to something safe and generic... or descriptive of the tone.

I don't think too many of us want to explain to our kids or significant other why the name of your amp sounds like a dirty joke. Poor form.

errrrrl":3an636mx said:
I'm still waiting for the Friedman Dirty Sanchez or maybe a Friedman Snatch 50w ;)

... well if his naming trend continues... be on the look for...

The Friedman Filthy Chewbacca... and the soon to be released Friedman Portuguese Omelet.

:bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

Ola wanted it called the Satan. It's a metal amp. Who cares? Naming an amp after a butthole is pretty stupid, I agree, but if you have a problem with the word Satan and listen to metal? I don't even know what to say to you truly. :doh: :doh: :doh: :LOL: :LOL:

engage757":2eo6h93i said:
Ola wanted it called the Satan. It's a metal amp. Who cares? Naming an amp after a butthole is pretty stupid, I agree, but if you have a problem with the word Satan and listen to metal? I don't even know what to say to you truly. :doh: :doh: :doh: :LOL: :LOL:

I guess Satan and metal go hand in hand?? :confused:

FWIW, Thrasher, 667, and Diavlo are pretty lame too.

napalmdeath":29qodd5d said:
I guess Satan and metal go hand in hand?? :confused:
Most of the time ;)

rs-127916-20131223-stryper-x1800-1387834583.jpg

Badronald":gzqin522 said:
napalmdeath":gzqin522 said:
crankyrayhanky":gzqin522 said:
The Randall Marketing Department needs to take a hike. They manage to take decent sounding and innovative amps and attach horrible names and hideous cosmetics that aim for a tiny market but essentially appeals to no one.

I agree. I'd love to own this amp, but there'd always be an unnerving feeling with "Satan" being on the faceplate.

The name is flat out stupid, but you can buy a Sharpie for $.25 and buy the amp.
Simple solution.
This is the truth.any black magic marker will fix the name..I guess the way I see it is ..If I don't like the amp/product don't buy it"..somebody else will..not going to ruin my day.

Badronald":vs4ud2vz said:
napalmdeath":vs4ud2vz said:
crankyrayhanky":vs4ud2vz said:
The Randall Marketing Department needs to take a hike. They manage to take decent sounding and innovative amps and attach horrible names and hideous cosmetics that aim for a tiny market but essentially appeals to no one.

I agree. I'd love to own this amp, but there'd always be an unnerving feeling with "Satan" being on the faceplate.

The name is flat out stupid, but you can buy a Sharpie for $.25 and buy the amp.
Simple solution.
I'm not sure if the Randall Satan is much better... :confused:

I'd say that Randall's marketing team intended for the amp's name to ruffle a few feathers. It generates discussion, which eventually translates to a rise in sales.

The last thing they want is a bland name that no one will talk about, particularly on a guitar Internet forum like this. Shallow tactic yes, but...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You guys are too much. It's the signature amp of a metal dude, why is it a surprise he'd call it the Satan? TBH I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner! If you like the tone but have issue with the name, then put some gaffa tape over it or some shit, man. Why is it such a big deal?

petejt":2x4ajn8w said:
I'd say that Randall's marketing team intended for the amp's name to ruffle a few feathers. It generates discussion, which eventually translates to a rise in sales.

The last thing they want is a bland name that no one will talk about, particularly on a guitar Internet forum like this. Shallow tactic yes, but...
When the last time the Randall execs got together to go over quarterly revenue reports and exclaimed "Awesome job! We're really rolling now!" :no:

Back