Adam Jones new Blueface VH4

jimmy462

Been lurking here for a couple years but I suppose this is my first post. Hope its a good one and this hasnt been covered already but I couldn't find it discussed anywhere here or on any other forums. It seems that Adam has a "new" VH4 (The one in the middle) that he has been using since last summer. The pic is from Tool's San Bernadino show from June of 2017. The silverface vh4 is no where to be seen. I found some other pics from the 2017 tour and the "new" Blue face is in all of them. Wondering if this is a 2011 reissue or something new Peter made just for Adam.

Attachments

• 16658.jpeg
    16658.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 2,937
Wasn't Adam working on a signature Diezel product a few years ago or was that just to have his tweaked?

"We've been at the rehearsal studios of Tool today to meet Adam Jones. We have been discussing a future project which will be really cool. We just came to make a blueprint of the circuit of the [Adam's] 1996 VH4"

jimmy462":d9c4ojnq said:
I did come across 1 other post here from 4 years ago that says he may have used a 2011 blue face reissue in VIP sessions, so could just be that he is using it full time now instead of the Silverface

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=154688#p1760693

I know this is old, but someone like me may stumble on this thread in the future looking for information that's verifiable. I was at the Tool VIP at Landers Center in Southaven, MS on January 19, 2016. I can confirm Adam was playing a 2011 blueface. I asked Adam and he said I could snap a few pics; below is the back of it. The front was labeled as "B" (written on a small piece of tape). I suppose it's his backup, didn't think to ask.

Attachments

• aj_reissue_vh4.jpg
    aj_reissue_vh4.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 1,052
  • aj_reissue_vh4_front.jpg
    aj_reissue_vh4_front.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 1,104
Second to that !! If only Peter makes a come back on the old circuit 1996 based blueface VH4... count me in...

But the RI blueface isnt just aesthetics? Circuitry still remains same prior to after 2007 change on the presence and added gain ?

I honestly prefer the sound of the silverface VH4s over the blueface.

Just cuz AJ plays it, don't mean you'll play like AJ.

Just sayin'
Unkle Mo

enroute":2z6tdzor said:
jimmy462":2z6tdzor said:
I did come across 1 other post here from 4 years ago that says he may have used a 2011 blue face reissue in VIP sessions, so could just be that he is using it full time now instead of the Silverface

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=154688#p1760693

I know this is old, but someone like me may stumble on this thread in the future looking for information that's verifiable. I was at the Tool VIP at Landers Center in Southaven, MS on January 19, 2016. I can confirm Adam was playing a 2011 blueface. I asked Adam and he said I could snap a few pics; below is the back of it. The front was labeled as "B" (written on a small piece of tape). I suppose it's his backup, didn't think to ask.

That was a great show. I'm in Memphis. Good to know there are some Rig-Talker's round these parts.

Back