Diezel 2x12 RV vs 4x12 RV (Rearloaded V30s). Advice please!

Veritas0Aequitas

Hi all,

Purchasing a VH4. This will be the only amp I ever sold and bought again. Yes, it's that good. I will not sell it again.

Here's what I'm trying to figure out:

I used to own a Rear Loaded 4x12 with V30s but it was very heavy and cumbersome to move so I sold it a long time ago. Other than the size, it was the best cab I ever played. I loved it to death. However, I am debating pulling the trigger on a 2x12 Diezel Rearloaded with V30s due to the smaller size and lighter weight by a good chunk.

My question is, how do the 4x12 and 2x12 compare? I play straight ahead rock/alt rock/modern rock. Will it get me mostly there? They seem like they sound big and beefy great from clips. Closest genre we play is like a heavier A Perfect Circle.

Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.

The 412 sounds darker and bassier, the 212 more aggressive in the mids. I like the 212 better.
I have the frontloadeds, though.

I use the 212 Rearloaded with VH4. No comparison to the 412.
However, the 212 can sound quite aggressive but suits the amp very well from my opinion.

I guess you should be able to get your sound out of it.

best

zeen":19frqe57 said:
I use the 212 Rearloaded with VH4. No comparison to the 412.
However, the 212 can sound quite aggressive but suits the amp very well from my opinion.

I guess you should be able to get your sound out of it.

best

In what way is it "no comparison"? What do you find is different between the two?

Back