Diezel Herbert MKIII Is Coming

i sense a disturbance in the force. it's all the comments about to say 'clips....clips....clips....'

man, i think everyone's eagerly waiting for you to do a demo of it or at least tell 'guys dont worry it's just a regular diezel, dont dump your old herbies yet '. :)

nice score man

Thank you!

From my first impressions from A/B testing with the MK2... well the 3 is definitely what they say - tighter as hell! Go for it!
I wouldn't sell my MK2 tho, they feel diferent, you are just gonna have to do what I did - buy both.
For people that don't want both it is safe to say that MK3 is better than ever. You immediately feel the difference on the right hand. The MK3 feels like it has slightly less bass thus making it more focused and tight.

As with the Uberschalls and almost every amp above 100W videos are basically needless :/ You can not possibly catch the heavy blow those amps deliver with a mic and then fuck it up further uploading on youtube. I will fiddle around with both the MK2 and 3 and tell you if I feel like my money went in the right place. But look at it! It has a black face I already know it was worth it! :>>>

P.S. One more really cool thing that the camera does not capture. The letters are actually chrome. So its black and chrome and it looks really good in person. :>

^Thank you.

I am having a hard time answering Private Messages probably because my low activity here I am considered a new user. So here is to Bobby :)

"Hello G-V

Hope all is well on your end. Wanted to ask a few questions concerning the mkii & iii if its not a bother.

Is the mkiii significantly tight where I wouldnt be inclined to run a overdrive pedal or 10 and EQ up front to tighten it for hard rock metal? I play silently through a 2 notes torpedo live now with a dmoll. I cant play that amp without somekind of signal manipulation in front of it. And Im able to push the powersection with some volume with the load box.

Tightness aside. You mention less bass on the iii. Subtle difference or noticable where people may develop a preference?

Any major or noticeable voicing differences that people could hear and distinguish between a ii & iii?

Which would version recommend for someone playing hard rock/metal, tunes Eb or drop Db. Im growing away from the super tight modern sounding low end tightness (ie fortin) low end. But i still like the bass tight and for it to hold together for chugging and single note riffing.

Thanks for your insight and sorry if im a pest with my questions.

Thanks for taking the time
Bobby"

All is well, Bobby, thank you for the interest.

Ok lets do this one by one.

1) Drive / Overdrive in the front: I have never felt the need to push a Diezel amp with a drive/overdrive pedal. I have friends that are using OD808 and TS on their Hagen amps but they do it just to compress and level the attack because they are using 7-8 string instruments in really low tunings. The MK2 Herbert was already tight enough. But it turns out it can be even tighter. The MK3 manages to do just that - it is somehow taming the low end without getting rid of it. At low volumes you can feel a big difference in the lows of the two amps (with the same settings on both). The MK2 has a slight flub to its low end that you only hear when A/B testing together with the MK3. As I said I never felt a need for my MK2 to be tighter, but that is what we got with the MK3 and its good. I rarely use any pedals at all but for example with my Fryette and Mesa amps I do feel the need to push the front with a drive.

2) Subtle differences that are big enough for me to keep both amps. Less bass is a subtle difference more audible at lower volumes. For me they feel different enough so I am keeping both but if you need to have just one amp I think the MK3 is the logical choice. I love huge sounding bass heavy amps like the Herbert and Uberschall but we all know that more bass does not equal better cut in the mix. So the MK3 feels a bit more focused and tamed.

3) I plug into my Herbert amps mostly when I need to play something heavy and crushing. If you are growing away from the low end modern sounding tightness maybe the Herbert is not the right amp for you. The Herb is just that - tight, absolutely heavy crushing high gain. If I want to play lighter rock oriented stuff I find myself plugging into the VH4 or the Uberschall Blue Rev. I think you already have one of the good Diezels for Rock - the D-moll.

I am still in the process of thesting - So far only with a Gibson Custom with stock pickups and ESP Eclipse 1 with Bare Knuckle Rebell Yell both ranging from Drop C# to E Standard. A lot more testing will be done and I hope a video at some point. I am not concentrating on videos too much lately because with most of these monster amps videos are kind of butchering the experience. You have to hear those things in the room to know what they are capable of. Nothing moves air like the Herbert.

Hope this helps :>

Awesome! Admittedly, the Herbert has always been my least favorite Diezel but that's not to say I don't like it, just that I like the others I've played more (VH4, DMoll, Fokker). Ch 2 is really special though.

Peter, any chance of you guys doing an "official" video demonstration comparing the MKIII and MKII? I really enjoyed the vidoes you two put out showcasing the VH4, Herb and Hagen a couple years back. All of the amps were dialed in and I could get a sense of how the amp sounds and reacts "in the room" so to speak.

Thanks

G.Varbanov":b3qstgtl said:
Its here :)

AL6SyqT.jpg
Sweet baby jesus....

:shocked: :inlove: :rawk:

[/quote]
Typical! Bought my Herbert MKII just 2 months ago :doh: :doh: :doh: makes me regret it when this was just around the corner :doh: :doh: :doh:[quote/]

Just curious did Mr. Diezel take care of you?

Hi Peter, is it possible to convert (without having reliability issues) a MK1 into a Mk3?
Does it need too much mods?
thanx in advance!

Regards

Any chance Diezel can be part of the special promotional financing at Musicians Friend? Right now they are not.
I can't see a day where I can buy it outright, but a 12 or 24 month plan might work!

I was playing my Diezel MKI today after a long break and damn I forgot what a beast it is. It can shatter walls. And when I crank up the mid-cut, damn, it gives otherworldly classic thrash tones!!!

Would be nice to know when dealers will be getting some stock on these, saw Eric Steckel posted he's got one coming. He currently uses a Herbert Mk II and a Bogner Helios Eclipse and both sound absolutely crushing. Will be interesting to hear some clips when he posts some (usually on Instagram).

We sent some MK3 to Boutique Amps Distribution and will send more
in about 2 weeks.

Please contact steve (at) boutiqueampsdistribution (dot) com

Thanks,
Peter

Peter Diezel":2ziewjwn said:
We sent some MK3 to Boutique Amps Distribution and will send more
in about 2 weeks.

Please contact steve (at) boutiqueampsdistribution (dot) com

Thanks,
Peter

:rock: great news, can't wait to try one!

Back