Amp Build: Cameron Aldrich

Thanks everybody! Faceplates should be here this week I believe and once those are on I can start making some progress getting everything wired up. Sort of holding off at the moment as I don't really want to start wiring stuff I'm going to have to take apart to put the plates on.

Amp is officially named The Old One.

riffermadness":1dz67f9e said:
CrazyNutz":1dz67f9e said:
psychodave":1dz67f9e said:
Here was a clip of my Aldrich I did for a friend. Showing it doesn’t need some fancy $225 pedal to get that modern tight high gain sound. I was emphasizing that I only needed to turn one knob. This is the magic that Cameron captures.

https://youtu.be/dtKm_wFy78s

Great. Now I have to add an Aldrich to the list of amps to build. Thanks Dave.
Do you happen to know what model the Marshall head thats in psychodaves clip here,damn that amp sounds huge and tight !! I feel the same way you do,need an Aldrich !

Pretty sure that is an actual Cameron Aldrich mod.

riffermadness":1gs72wwt said:
CrazyNutz":1gs72wwt said:
psychodave":1gs72wwt said:
Here was a clip of my Aldrich I did for a friend. Showing it doesn’t need some fancy $225 pedal to get that modern tight high gain sound. I was emphasizing that I only needed to turn one knob. This is the magic that Cameron captures.

Do you happen to know what model the Marshall head thats in psychodaves clip here,damn that amp sounds huge and tight !! I feel the same way you do,need an Aldrich !

It’s a 1972 Marshall Super Lead. Mark modded it back in 2011

Here was a fun clip I did trying to get the tone of the Maxwatt amp. I copped a few riffs from that thread too. Haha

https://youtu.be/A1ZeqZxgIF8

psychodave":ym3jln7v said:
riffermadness":ym3jln7v said:
CrazyNutz":ym3jln7v said:
psychodave":ym3jln7v said:

Here was a fun clip I did trying to get the tone of the Maxwatt amp. I copped a few riffs from that thread too. Haha

That sounds killer. I'll always say, no other modded Marshall can touch the Cams that I've owned. Unique and killer.

Racerxrated":2fchljby said:
psychodave":2fchljby said:
riffermadness":2fchljby said:
CrazyNutz":2fchljby said:
psychodave":2fchljby said:

That sounds killer. I'll always say, no other modded Marshall can touch the Cams that I've owned. Unique and killer.
Agreed. I’ve had several modded Marshall’s by Gower (KK++ and Rockmonster), Friedman (BE/HBE), Kruse (V5) and tried a bunch others and the 3 Cameron mods I have are in another league. They’ve also sent packing my Mezzabarba, Metroplex, Big Tone, Helios and others I’m forgetting. Didn’t you say though that the Golub to you sounded almost the same as the Aldrich? I haven’t tried that one before

The only other modders I’m somewhat curious about now are Caswell and Hopkins

braintheory":319fd4uk said:
Racerxrated":319fd4uk said:
psychodave":319fd4uk said:
riffermadness":319fd4uk said:
CrazyNutz":319fd4uk said:
psychodave":319fd4uk said:

Agreed. I’ve had several modded Marshall’s by Gower (KK++ and Rockmonster), Friedman (BE/HBE), Kruse (V5) and tried a bunch others and the 3 Cameron mods I have are in another league. They’ve also sent packing my Mezzabarba, Metroplex, Big Tone, Helios and others I’m forgetting. Didn’t you say though that the Golub to you sounded almost the same as the Aldrich? I haven’t tried that one before

Well there is a thread over on TGP about Cameron right now and the mod is telling folks that an uberschall will get you those Cameron tones.. the ignorant leading the blind over there

lespaul6":amwt6h12 said:
braintheory":amwt6h12 said:
Racerxrated":amwt6h12 said:
psychodave":amwt6h12 said:
riffermadness":amwt6h12 said:
CrazyNutz":amwt6h12 said:
psychodave":amwt6h12 said:

Well there is a thread over on TGP about Cameron right now and the mod is telling folks that an uberschall will get you those Cameron tones.. the ignorant leading the blind over there

I just went over and posted in the TGP thread. :scared:

EXPcustom":2ree21h8 said:
lespaul6":2ree21h8 said:
braintheory":2ree21h8 said:
Racerxrated":2ree21h8 said:
psychodave":2ree21h8 said:
riffermadness":2ree21h8 said:
CrazyNutz":2ree21h8 said:
psychodave":2ree21h8 said:

:LOL: :LOL:

I thought about it but decided to stay out of that one.

For those actually looking at the build I should have an update later hopefully...

technomancer":1ks2s4fp said:
EXPcustom":1ks2s4fp said:
lespaul6":1ks2s4fp said:
braintheory":1ks2s4fp said:
Racerxrated":1ks2s4fp said:
psychodave":1ks2s4fp said:
riffermadness":1ks2s4fp said:
CrazyNutz":1ks2s4fp said:
psychodave":1ks2s4fp said:

:LOL: :LOL:

I thought about it but decided to stay out of that one.

For those actually looking at the build I should have an update later hopefully...

Ok I lied I did post, couldn't resist in response to the "no way to conduct a business" post since the guy has clearly never been in a real business :LOL: :LOL:

Seems some people just like being part of some sort of posse. The 'burn MC at the stake for anything I read on the internet' posse.

Really looking forward to this build techno. I'm sure I'll try to make one but I've got a Wizard MC build (or rather, RE-build of another amp I made) planned first.

lespaul6":3nw83f16 said:

Yep... apparently everyone can just go out now and buy a Bogner Uberschall or XTC as they sound the same as a Cameron Marshall mod.

I read on TGP... so it has to be true right?

:no: :loco: :no: :loco:

Wizard of Ozz":3ciy9xsw said:
lespaul6":3ciy9xsw said:

Yep... apparently everyone can just go out now and buy a Bogner Uberschall or XTC as they sound the same as a Cameron Marshall mod.

I read on TGP... so it has to be true right?

:no: :loco: :no: :loco:

I’d love to provide my honest opinion, but I was banned on TGP years ago for quoting someone and saying the exact thing back. They claimed I was attacking people. lol

So I lied about the update... my wife decided she wanted to do stuff today so my free afternoon got booked :LOL: :LOL:

The power transformer is mostly wired up, and I'm about half way through wiring up the AC heaters on the power tubes and phase inverter. I'll post an update later this week once I get the heaters all wired up. I'm hoping I can make a lot of progress after work this week since the wife is going to be out of town :D

SpiderWars":3njg8tmo said:
Seems some people just like being part of some sort of posse. The 'burn MC at the stake for anything I read on the internet' posse.

Yeah, I'm not going to go into any details but years ago that was a REALLY sore subject because alot of bad things happened. I'll leave it at that and will add that so many of us love that tone and would love one of those amps.

I'm really excited about this amp build just to see if it can capture what I used to hear as "god tone". Like I have said before, no amp has ever captured the "tone in my head" like the Cameron Aldrich.

Omfg Cameron's Aldrich mod is my favourite amongst his mods!

Will monitor this thread like a hawk.

lespaul6":1ibjnrng said:
I was the one who actually started that thread, i didn't found any updates about the Cameron so i decided to ask about it. :D

edit: changed the quote.

SBO":1d3s19bw said:
said:
I was the one who actually started that thread, i didn't found any updates about the Cameron so i decided to ask about it. :D
[/quote][/quote]

I did not say this. You quoted the wrong user. Go look again.

Other than that, welcome. :)

psychodave":3au5d9v8 said:
SBO":3au5d9v8 said:
said:
[/quote]

I did not say this. You quoted the wrong user. Go look again.

Other than that, welcome. :)[/quote][/quote][/quote]
Whopsie, seems so, thanks for letting me know!

And thank you!

Back