NAD - Diesel Einstein

neilrsmith

Hi, first post here...

After recently trying a VH4-2 pedal and barely being able to stop playing, I bought a second hand Einstein on Reverb and it arrived today just in time for a band rehearsal. I must thank Peter, as this is the most ludicrously excellent guitar sound I've ever had the pleasure of playing through. It's an absolutely inspiring amp to play, and a guy walking his dog in the village where we were playing heard us and came in and sat down to listen! I see a new VH4 in my future to go with this amp...

Amazing! :D

-- Oh, and it loves my Zilla Fatboy cabinet (V30 and H75 Creamback) --

Anybody know if the Einstein would sound good through an oversized closed back 2x12 with an H75 and Cream Alnico?

I haven't tried that exact combination but I'd venture to say it would sound sublime - I use mine with an oversized 2x12 (Zilla Fatboy) with an H75 and a V30 and it's amazing.

Having played with each mode a bit more now, I'd say that CH1 Mode 1 is one of the nicest, warmest clean sounds I've played through; 'Texas' mode is like, to me at least, an idealised version of the original JCM 800 I used to own, with more available gain and low end but extremely sensitive to changes in the guitar volume and very dynamic - just amazing (which in itself is worth what I paid for this amp); Mode 3 is incredibly tight, complex heavy-metal-heaven; CH2 is such an amazing lead sound that I can hardly stop playing it once I've started. Across its whole gain range it just sounds like the tone I have in my head. Unbelievable.

Back