Holy Shit: I need to go back to amp school, CAE content

guitarslinger

check out this CAE clone.

1972.jpg

1973.jpg

1974.jpg

1976.jpg

Tell the boy to get the acid brush out and clean that flux up off the turret board :thumbsdown:

Nice freaking work....what is the small pcb with the ICs?

Thats insane..... I'd LOVE to build one of those someday, I got to get my Super Lead Built, as well as finishing the Slo Clone.

My next project will be reversing the Langner Pre and doing my own build of it. :thumbsup:

Juggernaut":a4474 said:
Thats insane..... I'd LOVE to build one of those someday, I got to get my Super Lead Built, as well as finishing the Slo Clone.

My next project will be reversing the Langner Pre and doing my own build of it. :thumbsup:

I thought you sold your Langer :confused:

I'll trade you my mesa quad and some cash for the Langner after you copy it. :thumbsup:

guitarslinger":92351 said:
Juggernaut":92351 said:

I thought you sold your Langer :confused:

I'll trade you my mesa quad and some cash for the Langner after you copy it. :thumbsup:

I did......... :cry:

BUT I have a friend who has one whos gonna let me dissect it :thumbsup:

nice freakin' build :rock:

i'd imagine the ic's handle the channel switching?
since there appears to be relays on the same board...

Godamn, everytime I see pics of cloned amps, it makes me want to learn some amp stuff and try making my own. I have plenty of time and a shop where I could do it at too... I need a teacher! :)

guitarslinger":4b87b said:
check out this CAE clone.

Yeah, pretty sweet, huh? That's my target. :)

Digital Jams":4b87b said:
.what is the small pcb with the ICs?

I thought that was the switching circuit.

duesentrieb":4b87b said:
guitarslinger":4b87b said:
4nkam":4b87b said:
Cool! who built it?

Soeren (sp?) from the band "Insolation"

German guys
I'll send Sören here :D

Seriously, you know him? I've been trying to contact him. If you could get him to speak to me I'd be in your debt. :thumbsup:

Wasn't aware there's accurate schematic of these floating around...
that's pretty impressive, way more work than I'd be willing to invest in a DIY amp.

Qweklain":dce41 said:
Godamn, everytime I see pics of cloned amps, it makes me want to learn some amp stuff and try making my own. I have plenty of time and a shop where I could do it at too... I need a teacher! :)

You might try the Egnater class, that's a perfect place to get started!

Yes, I do know Sören. He visits the same DIY-forum like me - where I've posted a link to this thread, to show us krauts some crazy yankees with awesome avatars LOL - he'll be here sooner or later.

duesentrieb":5d9f1 said:
http://www.tube-town.de/ttforum/index.php?topic=4149.0

thats his thread over there where he described the whole process (21 pages or so).

uh........translation? :D

Back