Larry British Purist Clip - Youtube

Huh, never heard of Larry, but great tone going on there. He is German, also from Bayern, aha, not bad not bad. Resembles like Elmwood meets Plexi.

How much are those, where can they be purchased?

hunter":6zokct0r said:
Huh, never heard of Larry, but great tone going on there. He is German, also from Bayern, aha, not bad not bad. Resembles like Elmwood meets Plexi.

If you're familiar with Iced Earth, Jon Schaffer has been using Larry Amps for years. His tone is amazing.

http://www.larry-amplification.de/

I sent an email to Larry last summer just asking about prices and stuff. This was his reply, although the prices and wait times could be different now.

"Hi Mark,

thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the delay!

The export price of a DINO 939 supplied w/ all NOS Tungsram preamp tubes and
RFT EL34 power tubes is 4,800.00 EUR - this includes the serial/parallel effects loop, the tuner output jack, the pedal output function and a double-footswitch, to enable to switch between the 3 main sounds of the amp (alltotal there are 5 different sounds in this amp).

Amp Mute & Loop Switch is additional 270.00 EUR
Shipment cost to North America is 300.00 EUR

The waiting time for a DINO 939 SE is about 7-8 months at the moment.
To be placed on my waiting list, a down payment of 1/3 of the total is required.

Some additional facts about the DINO 939 SE (Jon Schaffer Edition, photos on my website:)

As for the materials, the parts and components I'm using to build my amps, you'll see as well, that this isn't 'usual stuff'! Brushed stainless steel chassis - shiney nickel plated transformer end bells - anodized airforce aluminum panels - custom made transformers w/ paper insulated output transformer from an U.K. located company - NOS preamp- & powertubes - aso. Only to mention a few of the many facts, what makes the difference...

The DINO's Amp Mute function enables you to use the included Tuner Output as the 'B' jack of an A/B switch, while 'A' is the DINO itself, since on the Tuner Output there's the (of course buffered) guitar level only then present, when the DINO is switched to 'Mute'.

The DINO is an absolutely hum free amplifier due to a regulated DC heater supply for all of the preamp tubes. The background hiss of the amp is less than half of comparable other amplifier, when they're set to the same gain and loudness - and there's much more, what I can't explain with words only.

If there are any further questions, don't hesitate and simply drop me an email once again!

Cheers,
Larry"

Megadeth7684":3kn4kgq1 said:
hunter":3kn4kgq1 said:

If you're familiar with Iced Earth, Jon Schaffer has been using Larry Amps for years. His tone is amazing.

http://www.larry-amplification.de/

I sent an email to Larry last summer just asking about prices and stuff. This was his reply, although the prices and wait times could be different now.

"Hi Mark,

thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the delay!

The export price of a DINO 939 supplied w/ all NOS Tungsram preamp tubes and
RFT EL34 power tubes is 4,800.00 EUR - this includes the serial/parallel effects loop, the tuner output jack, the pedal output function and a double-footswitch, to enable to switch between the 3 main sounds of the amp (alltotal there are 5 different sounds in this amp).

Amp Mute & Loop Switch is additional 270.00 EUR
Shipment cost to North America is 300.00 EUR

The waiting time for a DINO 939 SE is about 7-8 months at the moment.
To be placed on my waiting list, a down payment of 1/3 of the total is required.

Some additional facts about the DINO 939 SE (Jon Schaffer Edition, photos on my website:)

As for the materials, the parts and components I'm using to build my amps, you'll see as well, that this isn't 'usual stuff'! Brushed stainless steel chassis - shiney nickel plated transformer end bells - anodized airforce aluminum panels - custom made transformers w/ paper insulated output transformer from an U.K. located company - NOS preamp- & powertubes - aso. Only to mention a few of the many facts, what makes the difference...

The DINO's Amp Mute function enables you to use the included Tuner Output as the 'B' jack of an A/B switch, while 'A' is the DINO itself, since on the Tuner Output there's the (of course buffered) guitar level only then present, when the DINO is switched to 'Mute'.

The DINO is an absolutely hum free amplifier due to a regulated DC heater supply for all of the preamp tubes. The background hiss of the amp is less than half of comparable other amplifier, when they're set to the same gain and loudness - and there's much more, what I can't explain with words only.

If there are any further questions, don't hesitate and simply drop me an email once again!

Cheers,
Larry"

I'm sorry... 4800 euros? HOLY FUCK!!

It didn't have enough gain to sustain some of notes, there were a few that died out rather quickly. It definately reveals any flaws in your playing, did'nt sound forgiving at all, lots of clarity. Probably the way it was setup though, but at the price of 2 Diezel Heberts, seems a little absurd.

jack butler":22ephscv said:
It didn't have enough gain to sustain some of notes, there were a few that died out rather quickly. It definately reveals any flaws in your playing, did'nt sound forgiving at all, lots of clarity. Probably the way it was setup though, but at the price of 2 Diezel Heberts, seems a little absurd.

The price I posted was for the Dino, not sure how much the Brit Purist is.

Here's a live Iced Earth video. I believe both guitarists are using Larry Amps. Ridiculous tone.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=nUvNMunHtN8

jack butler":32plxxch said:

Larry's amps are PTP not PC board, look at the photo's---like a high end sports car.......typical German quality at it's finest!

Larry's amps are PTP not PC board, look at the photo's---like a high end sports car.......typical German quality at it's finest!
So your saying since it's PTP instead of a PC, that justifys the cost. Diezel's use the highest grade components available, and from the look inside the Herbert, I'm not sure PTP would even be possible.

First off ,we all know that YOUTUBE clips really don't show an amps true potential .
but
That to my ears sound pretty much like the plexitone in the VHT sigx.
the Sig does 400 more things ,and will keep about 4 grand in your pocket.

the Larry looks a little nicer .. my 2 cents

It probably sounds great in person. Thegame has been telling me about these for awhile. He's played them and says they are killer. With the current exchange rate, these amps are going to have a really hard time in the US.

I think this amp is much cheaper than the Dino, still going to be alot though.

jack butler":2y3yabg0 said:
So your saying since it's PTP instead of a PC, that justifys the cost. Diezel's use the highest grade components available, and from the look inside the Herbert, I'm not sure PTP would even be possible.

I am saying it much more labor intensive process therefore it will cost more, a PC can sound every bit as good as a PTP type amp, maybe better in some respects. I am not justifing his high prices but, from an amp builders perspective it just takes longer.

Megadeth7684":4wyd2jeq said:
jack butler":4wyd2jeq said:

The price I posted was for the Dino, not sure how much the Brit Purist is.

Here's a live Iced Earth video. I believe both guitarists are using Larry Amps. Ridiculous tone.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=nUvNMunHtN8

The British Purist costs less than the Dino, but I'm not sure how much less.

Are you sure both guitarists used Larrys in the Alive at Athens concert ? The opening riff in the clip you posted is insanely tight. Now imagine what it FEELS like to play a sound coming out that tight. Thats why I will probably get one. Its between that and one other amp :yes:

Shiny_Surface":3v99au85 said:
duesentrieb":3v99au85 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH_H3tc-lUI

That sounds killer! :thumbsup:

I love that crunch :)

I've finally decided for good, I hate youtube.

Seriously, you can hear enough "tone" that you can say that sounds killer? It sounds like a freaking mess to me. In fact, is that bass supposed to be playing along or is that in another room. Of course, that doesn't really matter because the audio quality alone is putrid.

Sorry man, I just needed to vent.

By the way, I like Larry. His name makes me think he's a simple man, like Bob.

Bob Savage":156wgsle said:
Shiny_Surface":156wgsle said:
duesentrieb":156wgsle said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH_H3tc-lUI

That sounds killer! :thumbsup:

I love that crunch :)

I've finally decided for good, I hate youtube.

Seriously, you can hear enough "tone" that you can say that sounds killer? It sounds like a freaking mess to me. In fact, is that bass supposed to be playing along or is that in another room. Of course, that doesn't really matter because the audio quality alone is putrid.

Sorry man, I just needed to vent.

By the way, I like Larry. His name makes me think he's a simple man, like Bob.

Most of my weekend clip listening is in a drunken haze, I thought it sounded great though :LOL: :LOL:

jack butler":2fp1ztaz said:

Well the Herbert has 4 basic sounds (I'm counting the +, - of ch. 2 as 2 sounds) and the Larry Dino has 5. Herbert has MIDI, Larry does not. They each have some very unique features the other doesn't. The Dino is every bit as versatile as the Herbert, is physically smaller than the Herb and he still managed to make it PTP. Pretty remarkable for a fairly complex amp.

Back